Planning Committee Report 4th April 2016 LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

REPORT OF THE LENHAM PARISH COUNCIL PLANNING COMMITTEE

HELD IN THE COMMUNITY CENTRE ON MONDAY 4th APRIL 2016 AT 7.30pm

———————————————————————————————————————————————–

PRESENT

Cllr.  M Jerrett, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Ballard, R Greenwood & H Shotter.

Mrs M McFarlane (Clerk)

3 Members of the public.

 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

Representatives of the owners of the Glebe pond gave a brief outline of the proposed development on land to the rear of the pond, which includes a unilateral undertaking with extensive improvements to the pond, before the pond and surrounding area is gifted to the parish as an open amenity area.

The objection to the development submitted by the LPC was discussed and a copy of a Licence between the LPC and the pond owners, signed in 1973, containing a covenant which specifies that should the company apply for planning permission for the development of the Company’s land during the term of the Licence (which is still active) the Parish Council will raise no objection to such application and will vacate the Company’s land upon the granting of any permission to enable the Company to carry out such development.  Cllrs. raised questions relating to land valuation, stamp duty, water quality and the need for the land to be designated as public open space, for future long term management.

The Chairman thanked the representatives for attending the meeting and confirm further discussions would take place during the meeting.

 

A parishioner presented plans for the regeneration of practically derelict buildings in a conservation area at Elmstone Hole Road Lenham. It is proposed to rebuild in the same style as the original buildings, advice has been sought from the MBC Conservation Officer.  Cllrs. agreed subject to the planning application details they could see no reason for objections.

 

The Chairman opened the meeting at 8.28pm.

 

  1. TO ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Cllrs. M Cockett & N Osborne (recuperating)

 

  1. DISCLOSURES AND CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

No disclosures. No confidential items on the agenda.

 

  1. PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED

15/503937/FULL         Notification of Appeal Lodged with the Planning Inspectorate.

18th March                   Proposal: Use of Land for riding motorcycles for 28 days per year.

Location: Land Southeast of Runham Lane Sandway Road Sandway.

Cllrs. agreed full support to the original objections.  A petition has been prepared to object.  Clerk has copies of petition and will place around village. A check will be made if the site notice has been displayed.

 

16/501730/FULL         Single storey side extension with front projection.

24th March                   33 Robins Avenue Lenham ME17 2HW

We have no objections.

 

16/502042/FULL         Two storey rear extension.

16th March                   Spittal Crouch Lenham Heath Road Sandway ME17 2NB

We have no objection subject to the recommendations of the MBC Conservation Officer.

 

 

Applications received continued.

 

16/502347/FULL         Demolition of existing dwelling and erection of a replacement dwelling.

24th March                   Hill Top Flint Lane Lenham ME17 2EN

Cllrs. will attend a site meeting to be arranged this week.

 

  1. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN REPORT

Regulation 14 responses will be the next item for the NHP team to consider.

Cllr. Jerrett offered to look at responses from developers.

A meeting of the group on Tuesday 12th to agree the way forward has been organised.

 

A letter from the LPC to MBC councillors, Cllr. J Whittle, H Whately MP, Ms A Broom and R. Jarman from MBC will be sent. The letter outlines the evidence base of the NHP and requests the council to engage with the Parish to deliver an appropriate outcome.  The letter will be sent in readiness for the upcoming SPST committee meeting on the 18th March, where issues arising from the Local Plan Reg 19 Consolation will be discussed.

 

Cllr. Shotter suggested it would be advantageous to have more LPC Cllrs. join the NHP team.

 

  1. CORRESPONDENCE

A letter confirming the Planning Inspectorate will consider the footpath diversion on the Lenham Storage site will take the form of an exchange of statements and not a full hearing was read out for information purposes.

Glebe Pond the latest objection submitted by LPC will be reviewed.  Cllrs. agreed to seek advice from KALC as to the validity of the Licence from 1973.

Faversham Road the new Co-op retail development, the installation of a new detached building to accommodate three air conditioning units.  Cllrs. agreed the objections based on the inadequate/erroneous data concerning the noise readings are valid.  The application will be discussed 7th April at MBC.  No Cllrs. were available to attend to speak at the meeting.

Cllr. Jerrett read out the planning refusal for development at Loder Close Lenham.

Cllr. Jerrett will investigate the hold up for the development at the Paddocks Grove House.

Cllr. Ballard will attend Hollingbourne PC Annual Assembly on 12th April on behalf of LPC.

 

The meeting closed at 10pm

Planning Committee Report 4th April 2016
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)