Minutes of LPC meeting 3rd August 2016 LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE LENHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 HELD ON THE 3rd AUGUST 2016 IN THE OSBORNE ROOM AT THE COMMUNITY CENTRE AT 7.30pm

 

PRESENT        Cllr. R Greenwood Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Cockett, M Jerrett, K Lapwood, J Nye, N Osborne,

& P Scrivens.  County Cllr. J Whittle.

M McFarlane (Clerk) PCSO J Boyd

Cllr. G Dean representing Harrietsham Parish Council.

3 Members of the public.

 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION        (7.30pm – 7.50pm)

PCSO J Boyd read out the crime report for July, a total of 38 calls received concerning Lenham and 4 from Lenham Heath.  Ongoing vandalism problems at the William Pitt Field are being monitored and anti-social behaviour issues at Lenham Heath are being actively pursued.  Incidences of vandalism at Lenham Railway Station are dealt with by British Transport Police and not reported to Kent Police.

The Chairman thanked PCSO Boyd for his attendance.

 

County Cllr. J Whittle reported on a meeting of the Joint Transport Board, it was agreed KCC & MBC would sign a statement of co-operation concerning transport issues in the run up to the public enquiry of the MBC Local Plan.  A find and fix operation for pot hole repairs has received four million pounds extra funding from central government.  Cllr. Whittle will send through a grant application form for the finger post project in the Square.  A robust case will be presented for infrastructure link roads for future large developments in Lenham. The application for HGV signs has been logged in the KCC system subject to confirmation that locations are suitable.  Cllr. Whittle will chase the date of expected implementation of the Faversham Road junction improvements.

 

A parishioner requested that incidences of vandalism at the Railway Station should be reported to the LPC by the British Transport Police.  The Clerk will request the LPC be kept informed in the future.

 

The Lenham Enhancement Association will be disbanded and the accounts closed on 30th September.

 

A resident raised concerns relating to the lack of provision of a link road from developments south of the railway line.  He also reported overgrown vegetation on the road near the Cherry Downs picnic site which is hazardous for motorists and pedestrians.  Cllr. Scrivens will report to KCC.

 

The resident also raised the issue of speeding traffic throughout the village, which continues to be of concern. It would be advantageous if traffic calming initiatives could be implemented as soon as possible.

 

Clarification of site measurements for the allotments is required in order to purchase the site as a Community

Asset. The Clerk will contact MBC to confirm latest details.

 

The Chairman welcomed Cllr. Dean from Harrietsham Parish Council & opened the meeting at 8.10pm.

 

16/42                APOLOGIES & APPROVAL OF ABSENCES

The Council accepted the reason for apology for absence from:

Cllrs. P Culver & A Walmsley (holiday) Cllr. M Ballard (recuperating)

M Sherwood Community Warden (family commitment)

 

16/43               TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS

Declarations of Interest on Agenda items.  No declarations received.

Requests for dispensations.  No requests received.

 

1

16/44                TO REQUEST NOTIFICATION

The Chairman requested notification of intention to film, photograph or record any items.

No notifications received.

 

16/45                MINUTES

Cllr. Osborne proposed, Cllr. Cockett seconded and it was RESOLVED that minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on the 6th July 2016 are a true record and were approved and adopted.

 

16/46                PROGRESS OF RESOLUTIONS (For information purposes only)   No progress reports.

 

16/47                COUNCILLOR CO-OPTION

The Chairman hopes to meet with an interested parishioner who wishes to be co-opted following the holiday period.  The Chairman requested Cllrs. advertise the vacancies and encourage more members to join the Neighbourhood Plan Team.

 

16/48                FUTURE LIFESPAN OF BMX PARK EQUIPMENT

The equipment will need to be replaced within the next two years, before it becomes too expensive to maintain.  Budget provision for replacement options will be discussed for the next financial year, unless safety issues arise in the meantime.

 

16/49                  TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES MEETING

Cllr. Jerrett proposed, Cllr. Nye seconded and it was RESOLVED to implement the amendment to the Financial Standing Orders and to accept the recommendation of Mr. L Robbins as the LPC internal auditor for 2016 – 2017 financial year, following the retirement of Mr. K Funnell.

Cllr. Osborne proposed, Cllr. Jerrett seconded and it was RESOLVED to produce a grant application form for local groups.

Cllr. Osborne proposed, Cllr. Nye seconded and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meeting on the 20th July 2016 be approved and adopted.

 

16/50                TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Jerrett seconded and it was RESOLVED to accept the gifting of the Glebe Pond to the LPC, following proposed renovation and restoration works.

A maintenance plan will be put in place which will include health and safety risk assessments and full insurance cover for the site. The Clerk will confirm in writing the acceptance of the pond by unilateral undertaking

The NHP team are working on a newsletter to inform parishioners of the latest developments which will be submitted to Focus magazine.  Meetings with MBC will be sought as soon as possible to discuss changes to the present draft plan.

 

Cllr. Lapwood proposed, Cllr. Nye seconded and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meetings on the 20th July & 1st August be approved and adopted.

 

16/51                TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL SPOKESPERSONS

  1. HIGHWAYS Scrivens reported following the delivery of letters to householders requesting hedge cutting on the High Street, the work has been undertaken.
  1. b) PARISH PLAY FACILITIES Phase 1 of the improvements have been completed.
  1. c) ENVIRONMENT & PROJECTS Greenwood & Nye will meet with MBC to discuss new WC facilities.  Cllr. Scrivens & Greenwood will meet to discuss finger post position in the Square.
  1. d) TOURISM Nye reported information for the web-site has been collated, Cllr. Nye & Cockett will discuss links with other sites.  Cllr. Nye has attended the LVBA meetings on behalf of LPC.
  1. e) CHERRY DOWNS PICNIC SITE Osborne will have a site meeting to agree the position of the four  Lime trees and a quote will be sought for spraying the nettles on site.
  1. f) EDUCATION A meeting with Swadelands school will be organised in October to discuss the proposed new science block and the future plans for the swimming pool.
  1. g) CEMETERY Greenwood will meet with MBC tree officer on August 23rd to discuss the works needed on the large Beech tree in the corner of the site.  The completion of the rabbit proof fencing will be delayed until after the meeting.  The Hatch Charity section will have improvement works undertaken.
  1. h) CHRISTMAS LIGHTS Osborne reported the switching on event will be the last Sunday in November.  Future funding requirements will be discussed by the lighting committee.
  1. i) COMMUNICATIONS A newsletter will be produced in conjunction with the NHP team. A public meeting to update the parishioners on the NHP progress will be considered for October.
  1. j) COMMUNITY CENTRE The transfer of the land from LPC to LCC is progressing subject to agreement.

 

 

16/52                REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE MEETINGS

No reports from LPC.

Cllr. Dean reported on the HPC July meeting.

 

16/53                   KALC & CPRE

No reports.

 

16/54                FINANCE

  1. To authorize payments (Details of payments to be tabled)  Cheque no:        Amount

                       

Lotus Design & Print. NHP posters/books                                         4638                190.00

Jen Contractors.  July Litter/WCs                                                       4639                720.00

R James & Sons. Fencing Maidstone Road car park                          4640              1578.00

Lenham Community Centre.  Room hire up to 25/05              4641                257.00

Wellers Headley Solicitors.  Advice re: land transfer                          4642                748.80

Down to Earth Garden Maintenance. Ham Lane hedge cutting.        4643                  150.00

Wicksteed Playgrounds.  Phase 1 wet-pour kit                                   4644                 81.00

K.R.S. Building Co.    Phase 1 playground ground works.                4645              1100.00

Landscape Services Ltd. 1st half yearly account.                                 4646              5076.62

Made by Falcon Ltd.  Web-site services                                             4647                 50.00

 

Direct Debit Maidstone BC Cemetery rates                                                                   91.00

Direct Debit South East Water Cemetery water supply                                                    1.00

Direct Debit Scottish Power WCs power supply                                                           21.00

Direct Debit EDF Energy pop up power supply                                                            15.00

Direct Debit EDF Energy Street Lighting                                                                   122.83

 

Salaries & expenses detailed as Appendix A and filed with a signed copy of these minutes.

 

 

 

 

Finance continued

 

  1. To note receipt of income (Details of income to be tabled)

No income received.

 

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Nye seconded and it was RESOLVED to make the payments.

Cllrs. Scrivens and Osborne signed the cheques on behalf of LPC.

 

The Clerk reported the staging process of the pension provision is being undertaken.

It is not the intention of the Clerk to request a pension.

 

16/55                CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED (For information only)

Cllr. Greenwood suggested it would be advantageous to meet with our MP after the summer break, an invitation to a public meeting will be considered.

It was noted that the Town Crier has served the community for 25years, a thank you card will be sent by the Clerk on behalf of LPC.

 

The meeting closed at 9.40pm

Minutes of LPC meeting 3rd August 2016
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)