Minutes of Finance and General Purpose meeting 15th June 2016 LPC General, LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

PRESENT                  Cllr. R Greenwood, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Jerrett, J Nye, N Osborne, & A Walmsley. Cllrs. Ballard & Shotter were also present.  Mrs M McFarlane (Clerk) 1 member of the public.

 

PUBLIC PARTCIPATION

Will from Falcon Ltd. gave advice concerning a stand-alone web-site for tourism to the village.

Cllr. Nye had collated data which he wished to disseminate, ideally linking in with established visitor attraction sites, such as Leeds castle.  In order to keep the LPC objectives clear it was agreed a separate site from the present LPC site would be advantageous.  A follow up meeting (22nd June) was organised between Falcon and Cllrs. Nye & Greenwood, who will report back to the council.

The Chairman opened the meeting at 8.10pm

 

  1.                 TO ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE      Cllr. P Scrivens (holiday) Cllr. M Cockett (unwell)
  1.               DISCLOSURES AND CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS ON THE AGENDA 

Cllr. Osborne declared an interest in correspondence concerning the Community Centre land transfer, under project updates.

  1.       ENVIRONMENTAL WORKS & PROJECT UPDATES

Cllr. Nye will attend the Len Valley Business Association, representing LPC, membership of the LVBA will be recommended at the LPC meeting 6th July.                   Action Cllr. Nye

Cllr. Walmsley reported the access for the upgrade of the play equipment has been agreed for a September schedule. (Subject to confirmation) The maintenance of the existing equipment will start in July.  The timescale of works and details of the project will be on the web-site and Focus magazine.  Cllr. Walmsley will speak with residents in Cherry Close with regard to the grass cutting of the play area.                                                   Action Cllr. Walmsley

Cllr. Greenwood confirmed the weed spraying of the Square and approach roads will be undertaken as soon as possible.  The planter outside the Library has been made safe.

Cllr. Osborne requested changes to the details of the land transfer document for the Community Centre.  He will provide the LPC with the undertaking concerning the right of the surgery users to park in the LCC car park.  Cllr. Jerrett will make the requested amendments.  The Community Centre Constitution for the C.I.O was presented for the LPC records.

Action Cllrs. Osborne & Jerrett

Cllrs. Greenwood and Shotter will undertake a site visit at the cemetery to list outstanding project works.                                                                            Action Cllrs. Greenwood & Shotter

 

  1.                   ACCOUNTS

Cllrs. agreed that Cllrs. Shotter & Cockett would represent LPC at the KALC area committee AGM on 27th June.  They will vote on issues, except financial matters, which will need clarification as to how funds will be proportioned per parish council, towards proposed professional advice concerning the MBC Local Plan examination.                 Action Clerk 

 

  1.                    CORRESPONDENCE

No correspondence received.

 

The meeting closed at 9.25pm

Minutes of Finance and General Purpose meeting 15th June 2016
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)