Maidstone Borough Local Plan 2011-2031
Following the submission of the Maidstone Borough Local Plan (2016) to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government on 20th May 2016, and the appointment of the Inspector to conduct the examination (Mr Robert Mellor BSC DIPTRP DIPDBE DMS MRICS MRTPI), the Council has now heard from the Inspector with regard to the timing and duration of the examination hearings.
Details of the examination can be found on the dedicated section of the Council’s website via the following link:http://www.maidstone.gov.uk/residents/planning/local-plan/examination and will be kept up to date as the examination progresses.
The dates for the Hearing Sessions of the examination of the Maidstone Borough Local Plan are listed below. The sessions will commence at 10.00 AM each day and unless otherwise stated will last the whole day.
Tuesday 4th, Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th October
Tuesday 11th, Wednesday 12th, Thursday 13th October
Friday 14th October (AM only)
Tuesday 8th, Wednesday 9th, Thursday 10th November
Tuesday 15th, Wednesday 16th, Thursday 17th November
Friday 18th November (AM only)
Tuesday 22nd, Wednesday 23rd November
Tuesday 29th, Wednesday 30th November, Thursday 1st December
The hearing sessions will be held at:
Maidstone Town Hall,
The Inspector’s Guidance Notes and Matters, Issues and Questions, together with the list of participants for each of the Hearing Sessions, will be sent out in early August to everyone who responded to the pre-submission consultation (Regulation 19). The information will also be posted on the examination pages of the Council’s website under the Hearing Sessions tab.
Paper copies of the Maidstone Borough Local Plan (2016), the schedule of proposed changes, Statement of Consultation, Sustainability Appraisal and Habitats Regulations Assessment can be viewed at the Maidstone Gateway, King Street, Maidstone, ME15 6JQ. The opening hours are Monday 9am – 5.30pm; Tuesday to Friday 9am – 4.30pm.
Any queries about the examination or any correspondence to the Inspector during the examination should be sent to:
Louise St John Howe
PO Box 10965
You can also contact her by emailing email@example.com or calling 07789 486419.
For further information you may wish to read the publication ‘Procedural Practice in the Examination of Local Plans’ published by the Planning Inspectorate, which sets out how representors can participate, how the examination will be conducted and the role of the Inspector.
Community Infrastructure Levy: Draft Charging Schedule Consultation (Regulation 16)
Maidstone Borough Council wishes to invite interested parties to view and comment on the Draft Charging Schedule between 5th August and 16th September 2016. The Draft Charging Schedule sets out the proposed Community Infrastructure Levy charging rates for development within Maidstone Borough. A Draft Regulation 123 List and Draft Instalments Policy are also published for consultation.
The Draft Charging Schedule and supporting documents can be viewed and downloaded from the council’s website athttp://www.maidstone.gov.uk/residents/planning/local-plan
Alternatively, paper copies of the Draft Charging Schedule, Draft Regulation 123 List and Draft Instalments Policy along with supporting evidence can be viewed at:
· Maidstone Gateway, King Street, Maidstone ME15 6JQ (Monday 09:00 – 17.30, Tuesday-Friday 09:00-16:30)
· Lenham Library, 11 The Square, Lenham, Kent ME17 2PQ (Monday 13.15-18.00, Tuesday 09:00-13.30, Thursday 13.15-18:00, Saturday 10.00-14.00)
· Staplehurst Library, The Parade, Staplehurst, Kent TN12 0LA (Tuesday-Friday 09.00-18.00, Saturday 09.00-15.00)
· Yalding Library, Adin Coates House, High Street, Yalding, Kent ME18 6HU (Monday 14.00-17.00, Wednesday 09.30-12.00, Thursday 14.00-17.00, Saturday 09.00-13.00)
Copies of the Draft Charging Schedule can be purchased on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Written representations on the Draft Charging Schedule, Draft Regulation 123 List and Draft Instalments Policy should be made on theComments Form which is available on the council’s consultation portal or at the four deposit points listed above. Representations can be submitted:
1. Online through the council’s consultation portal http://maidstone-consult.limehouse.co.uk/portal
2. By email using the comments form to email@example.com
3. By post using the comments form to Spatial Policy, Maidstone Borough Council, Maidstone House, King Street, Maidstone, Kent ME15 6JQ
Individuals making a representation can request the right to be heard by the examiner on the comment form.
Individuals can also request, as part of their representation, to be notified at a specified address of any of the following:
– The submission of the Draft Charging Schedule to the examiner in accordance with section 212 of the Planning Act 2008;
– The publication of the recommendations of the examiner and reasons for those and;
– The approval of the charging schedule by Maidstone Borough Council.
All representations must be received by 17.00 on Friday 16th September 2016. Late representations cannot be considered.
Following the close of the consultation all representations will be submitted with the Draft Charging Schedule for independent examination by a Planning Inspector.