Maidstone Borough Council is consulting on selected aspects of the Maidstone Borough Local Plan. The Local Plan is the council’s principal planning document which sets the framework to guide the future development of the borough to 2031. The sections included in the Maidstone Borough Local Plan Regulation 18 (October 2015) consultation relate to the following:
- New, amended and deleted housing sites
- New employment site
- New Gypsy & Traveller sites
- New public open space policy and open space allocations
- Deleted Park & Ride sites
- Landscapes of Local Value
- New policy for care homes
The Maidstone Borough Local Plan Regulation 18 (October 2015) can be viewed and downloaded from the council’s websitewww.maidstone.gov.uk/localplan and is available for inspection at Maidstone Gateway, King Street, Maidstone, Kent ME15 6JQ. The Gateway is open Monday to Friday 09.00 to 16.30 (17:30 Monday). Copies of the document may also be purchased from Maidstone Gateway or arrangements for purchase and postage made through emailing firstname.lastname@example.org Copies of the document will also be available for inspection at all public libraries in Maidstone Borough during normal opening hours and a hard copy has been sent by post to each Parish Council in advance of the start of the consultation.
Any person or organisation may make representations on the document and these will be considered before developing the Maidstone Borough Local Plan further. Those wishing to make representations are encouraged to use the council’s web based consultation system.
Representations relating to the Maidstone Borough Local Plan Regulation 18 (October2015) can be returned as follows:
(1) Online using the council’s web based consultation system at:
(2) By email using the council’s comments form to: email@example.com
(3) By post using the council’s comments form to: Spatial Policy, Maidstone Borough Council, Maidstone House, King Street, Maidstone, Kent ME15 6JQ.
Representations that are made in writing (including electronically) to the addresses specified in (1), (2) or (3) by 5pm on Friday 30 October 2015 will be considered.