LPC Meeting Report 7th February 2018 LPC General, LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE LENHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 HELD ON THE 7thFEBRUARY 2018IN THE OSBORNE ROOM AT THE COMMUNITY CENTRE AT 7.30pm

 

PRESENT   Cllr.R Greenwood, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Cockett, P Culver, C Huggens, M Michaelas, N Osborne, P Scrivens, J Smith-Essex

& A Walmsley.  Cllr. V Foster representing Harrietsham Parish Council. 7 Members of the public.

 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION                                                                                             (7.30pm – 7.50pm)

The Community Warden reported one success in removing a car that had been abandoned for one year.

He explained that MBC would only remove cars to a long-term schedule of their own unless it could be shown it was a danger to traffic. He noted the theft of the microphones from the Community Centre and said that investigation was ongoing. CCTV footage of the incident had been posted on ‘Keep Lenham Safe’ but had since been taken down. He reported some success with the Police initiative to visit the parents of children who had caused damage around the village but said this was a growing problem.

 

The following issues were reported by a member of the public.

  1. The lights on the Maidstone Road (near the footpath) had been out for about one year (this had already been reported to MBC along with another light near the Ham Lane junction – MBC had visited but the lights were still out. 2. Parking on the bend near Grovelands was still happening with MBC/KCC refusing to act.
  2. Trees east of the White Horse on the Lenham Heath Road were overhanging the road with the branches likely to fall – this is to be investigated to ascertain who is responsible.

 

Mr. A Ratcliffe and Mrs. S Knowles both expressed an interest in representing the south ward and will be co-opted at the March meeting. There remains one vacancy in the south ward.

The Chairman welcomed Cllr. V Foster from Harrietsham Council and opened the meeting at 7.50pm.

 

17/115   APOLOGIES & APPROVAL OF ABSENCES

The Council accepted the reason for apology for absence from:

Cllr. M Ballard & M McFarlane Clerk (unwell) County Cllr. S Prendergast (KCC meeting)

Borough Cllr. T Sams (family commitment)

 

17/116   TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS

Declarations to changes to the Register of Interests.  No declarations received.

Declarations of Interest on Agenda items.  No declarations received.

Requests for dispensations.  No requests received.

 

17/117   TO REQUEST NOTIFICATION

The Chairman requested notification of intention to film, photograph or record any items.

No notifications received.

 

17/118   TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Cllr. Walmsley proposed, Cllr. Huggens seconded, and it was RESOLVED that the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday3rdJanuary 2018are a true record and were

approved and adopted.

 

17/119   PROGRESS OF RESOLUTIONS(For information purposes only)

It was noted that all actions were already covered by the agenda.

 

 

17/120   HAM LANE ALLOTMENT ASSOCIATION CONTRACT

The draft lease contract produced by the solicitor had only been received earlier in the afternoon.

It was agreed that a further meeting with the Allotment Association would be required prior to finalization of the lease.

 

17/121   COUNCILLOR ROLES

It was agreed to defer this item which is intended to give each Councillor individual responsibility for specific issues, to a later date.

 

17/122   TREE PLANTING PROJECT LENHAM CEMETERY

It was reported that J Boyd had started as agreed to plant trees at the cemetery. The Council has agreed to reimburse the cost of the trees with J Boyd providing the labour for the clear up.

 

17/123   NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN REPORT

It was reported by Cllr. Cockett that a substantive meeting had been held the previous day and that the minutes would be posted as usual on the web site. Specific highlights were:

  1. 6 of the 7 developers had now agreed to work together to produce and fund a masterplan which would detail a combined infrastructure for the whole South and West development.
    Further discussions were being held with the final party.
  1. A meeting was to be held with MBC the next day to discuss the terms of a possible £75k grant from MBC to carry out a traffic survey for the whole village to determine the possible effects of the further housing – this would include, parking, A20 as well as the new roads.
  2. The LPC was attempting to lobby MBC prior to the Tanyard North development’s approval with little success.Cllr. Cockett read out a statement that he intended to make on behalf of the LPC at the forthcoming meeting with MBC. This was approved. The worry is that Tanyard North seems to be progressing without recourse to the Maidstone Local Plan (hence the Lenham Neighbourhood Plan) and does not even seem to be taking the issues highlighted by the Inspector of the Local Plan into account. In addition to the above it has been noted that the Borough Councillor still requires signatures for her petition to have vehicular access to the development solely from the A20. This issue will be highlighted at forthcoming meetings with the County Councillor and MP.
  1. LPC meeting with BTF regarding the future potential sale of the William Pitt field had not yet taken place. It was noted that although the sale could not be completed until the alternative pitches were available, that roadway access to the new development at the Eastern side of the field may be required in the masterplan.

 

17/124   TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES MEETING

The question of the library was noted.  A separate report had been circulated where KCC had made it clear that the library would not be closing nor moving from the Square. KCC would investigate access to the flat above the library from the rear of the property with a view to renting or selling the flat.  Despite the assurances given to the LPC it was noted that the KCC properties manager had since written to the Community Centre asking for a meeting with a view to moving the library there.

It was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meeting of the

17thJanuary 2018 be approved and adopted.

                                                                                       

 

17/125   TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING

It was noted that all applications had been approved by the Planning Committee except for the Gipps Oast application for 8 barns (on Pilgrims Way behind Marley) Copies of correspondence had been sent to Harrietsham PC and the Borough Councillor.

It was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meeting on the 17thJanuary 2018 be approved and adopted.

 

17/126   TO RECEIVE REPORTS FROM COUNCIL SPOKEPERSONS

Cllr. Michaelas stared that on a day when he was not present there had been urgent need to view the CCTV footage in the Square and this proved impossible. It was suggested that the Clerk should have been contacted as the council laptop could also access the footage.

 

Cllr. Culver noted there had been a spate of thefts from vans parked overnight over the A20 area from Hollingbourne to Charing.  He had reported a suspicious vehicle to the Community Warden but no feedback yet received. General vandalism was also on the increase as reported by the Community Warden in his report. (see above)

 

Cllr. Osborne reported he had attended the data protection seminar in respect of the new forthcoming legislation. He said that LPC would need to review its practices and as an example said that if a private email was used for LPC business then all emails from that address could be required for examination.

 

17/127    REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE MEETINGS

The Harrietsham spokesperson reported that they had increased their precept to £94 for a band D property. The extra monies raised were for the provision of a footpath between the Medical Centre and the A20.  It was noted that the LPC precept although increased over the previous year was still slightly lower.

 

Cllr. Walmsley reported on the meeting with a contractor to quote for the refurbishment of the soak away in the long-term car park.  He stated that the quotes received and circulated seemed to be very reasonable but there was insufficient LPC budget to enable this work to go forwards. The possibility of using future 106 monies for this work was mooted.  The new potential Cllr. Andy Ratcliffe, expressed interest in view of his experience in this area, Cllr. Walmsley agreed to update him.

 

Cllr. Scrivens reported Chris Hill, (village handyman) Cllr. Walmsley and himself had visited Wingham Parish Council on a day they were moving their SID (speed indicator device) and had studied how to dismantle, change the battery, download the data and re-install. Chris Hill was currently preparing budget costings for the same at Lenham based on changing the battery every 3 weeks and changing locations every 9 weeks.  If this is completed the unit could be in operation by the beginning of April.

The first location is provisionally on the High Street between the railway bridge and Ham Lane checking traffic speeds coming from the bridge and 30mph signs.

 

17/128   FINANCE

  1. a) To authorize payments (Details of payments to be tabled).     Cheque no:                Amount

 

Made by Falcon. Web-site service. January                                           4844                             50.00

Messy Church Group. Community grant                                               4845                           200.00

Harrietsham & Lenham Scout Group. Community grant                      4846                          500.00

PMC Planning. NHP consultant fees December 2017                           4847                         2400.00

Lenham Focus magazine. Annual advertisement fee                             4848                           226.80

Jen Contractors. WCs cleaning, dog bins & litter January                     4849                           912.00

Cannon Hygiene. WCs duty of care Feb -April                                    4850                            51.95

Shaw & Sons. Cemetery record & Financial record books                   4851                           315.48

A Hogg. Defib shop replacement adult electrode pads                          4852                             64.80

Kent County Council. Speed indicator device                                        4853                       10072.00

Chris Hill Down to Earth.  Ground work/handyman duties.                  4854                          270.00

Amiga Fire & Security Ltd. Monthly maintenance.                               4855                             54.00

KALC. Training for data protection.                                                      4856                             36.00

 

Salaries & expenses detailed as Appendix A and filed with a signed copy of these minutes.

 

  1. b) To note receipt of income (Details of income to be tabled)

Italia market payment. For use of the Square for market.                                                        120.00

 

Cllr. Cockett proposed, Cllr. Osborne seconded, and it was RESOLVED to make the payments.

 

  1. c) Parish Service Scheme

We have been given £8,074 in total (including the WC grant) which is similar to last year’s sum of £8080.

 

  1. d) General Data Protection legislation costs

Further to the above there would be an ongoing annual cost of £150 once the legislation became law in May this year. F & GP to consider this at their next meeting.

 

  1. e) Grant applications

No applications received.

 

  1. f) Trees at Groom Way

It was noted that Aspen had only taken away 3 of the trees on the boundary between Groom Way and

the Paddocks development site, despite the contract being for all 5.  It was suggested that they had left

the 2 most dangerous and that there could well now be difficulty in accessing the site. MM to investigate.

 

17/129   CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED(For information only)

None tabled.

 

The meeting closed at 9.30pm

LPC Meeting Report 7th February 2018
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)