LPC Meeting Report 4th April 2018 LPC General, LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE LENHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 HELD ON THE 4thAPRIL 2018IN THE OSBORNE ROOM AT THE COMMUNITY CENTRE AT 7.30pm

 

PRESENT   Cllr.R Greenwood, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Ballard, M Cockett, P Culver, S Knowles, N Osborne, A Ratcliffe, P Scrivens, J Smith-Essex,

& A Walmsley. Mrs. M McFarlane (Clerk) 7 Members of the public.

 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION                                                                                                      (7.30pm – 7.50pm)

A request the WCs are re-opened for the market was received. The council confirmed providing repairs were complete the building would be in use.

A resident raised concerns about dog fouling issues throughout the village. The council will organise notices from MBC Community Protection to be displayed in identified problematic areas.

The Town Crier is leaving the area and would like to organise a competition for a replacement crier. Cllr. J Sams and the Clerk will help organise the event. The Chairman thanked the Town Crier on behalf of the council and parishioners for his service to the parish for twenty-seven years.

Cllr. J Sams (representing HPC) reported the Platts Heath Road Improvement Scheme will be presented to the Joint Transport Board in July. (the April meeting was cancelled)

The Harrietsham A20 consultation will also be presented to the JTB, it is hoped works will start August.

The Chapel Farm mineral extraction public meeting was well attended and comments to officers noted.

Harrietsham PC will be consulting on a proposed footpath from Ashford Road to the Glebe Surgery.

Help is required on June 9that the Family Festival fun day, contact the organisers to offer your support.

A resident enquired about future traffic calming initiatives. Councillors outlined the SID scheme, (now adopted) extra road signage and markings at the Ham Lane and High Street junction and the ongoing correspondence with KCC concerning improvements to the Faversham Road/A20 junction.

Mr. J Britt confirmed his intention to join the council this evening by co-option.

The Chairman thanked the members of the public for attending and opened the meeting at 7.50pm

 

17/146   APOLOGIES & APPROVAL OF ABSENCES

The Council accepted the reason for apology for absence from:

Cllrs. M Michaelas (work commitment) C Huggens (family commitment)

County Cllr. S Prendergast (attending meeting)

 

17/147   TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS

Declarations to changes to the Register of Interests.  No declarations received.

Declarations of Interest on Agenda items.  No declarations received.

Requests for dispensations.  No requests received.

 

17/148   TO REQUEST NOTIFICATION

The Chairman requested notification of intention to film, photograph or record any items.

No notification received.

 

 

17/149   TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Cllr. Osborne proposed, Cllr. Ballard seconded, and it was RESOLVED that the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday 7thMarch 2018 are a true record and were approved and adopted.

 

17/150   PROGRESS OF RESOLUTIONS(For information purposes only)

No progress of resolutions to report.

 

17/151   COUNCILLOR CO-OPTION

Mr. John Britt signed the declaration of acceptance of office and formally joined the council as a member for the south ward.

The Chairman thanked Mr. Britt for his interest and welcomed him to the council.

 

17/152   ANNUAL PARISH ASSEMBLY MEETING

County Cllr. Shellina Prendergast will be the guest speaker on the 26thApril and present a report.

The Chairman of the Neighbourhood Plan Group will be invited to present a progress report.

Cllr. Smith-Essex will produce banners and help with the invitations and structure of group reports.

           

17/153   COUNCILLOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

Deferred for further consideration.

 

17/154   STREET LIGHTING REPAIRS/RENEWAL

Cllr. Scrivens will meet with the Street Lighting company for advice on repair or renewal of lamps at Sandway and Platts Heath. Following the quote an overview of future maintenance will be discussed.

 

17/155   GLEBE POND PROGRESS REPORT

F & G committee will discuss planned works with the ecologist.

 

17/156   NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN REPORT

Cllr. Cockett reported the grant for the traffic survey has been secured, the tender process will now begin.  The significant issue of future education provision is being discussed with KCC.

Amended policy documents will be produced for the plan Regulation 14.

CIL discussions are ongoing.

Meetings with landowner and agents have enabled firm proposals for options and methods of moving to a new recreation ground, which could take up to two years to establish football pitches.

A valuation of the William Pitt Field will be organised. A small sub-committee will be formed which will include officers of Lenham Wanderers FC working with Cllrs. Walmsley, Osborne and Ratcliffe. Permission will be sought from the authors of the Hydrological report for use by the NHP.

Post 2031 the possibility of more development must be kept in mind, we cannot ignore the situation.

Borough Cllr. J Sams made her apologies and left the meeting at 8.35pm

 

17/157   TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES MEETING

Cllr. Cockett proposed, Cllr. Walmsley seconded, and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meeting of the 21stMarch 2018be approved and adopted.

 

 

17/158   TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING

A meeting will be organised to discuss the Paddocks development connection to drains in Groom Way. Cllr. Ballard will investigate when the speed reduction on the A20 will be implemented in conjunction with the Paddocks development.

Proposed changes to the Faversham Road/A20 junction require Cllrs. response by end of April, a letter will be sent from LPC.

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Knowles seconded, and it was RESOLVED to instruct Aspen trees to remove the two trees behind the Community Centre as per the quote.

Cllr. Cockett proposed, Cllr. Ballard seconded, and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meeting on the 21stMarch 2018be approved and adopted.

 

17/159   TO RECEIVE REPORTS FROM COUNCIL SPOKEPERSONS

Cllr. Osborne recommends the north hedge at the Cherry Downs picnic site is cut in autumn.

A new padlock and chain will be placed on the gate at the picnic site as extra security.

Cllr. Greenwood will organise a site meeting to confirm the tree works next to the car park at

Maidstone Road and reported the Royton Avenue works should be completed this month.

The designated parking spaces for members of the United Reform Church in the Maidstone Road car park, are no longer in place as the church site has been developed.

 

17/160    REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE MEETINGS

Cllr. Osborne reported on a useful meeting with the Nursery School to discuss the possibility of providing a new Nursery school on the top site at Ham Lane allotments. Cllrs. Greenwood, Ratcliffe, Britt and Osborne will form a sub-committee to pursue the project.

 

17/161   FINANCE

  1. a) To authorize payments (Details of payments to be tabled).     Cheque no:                Amount

Made by Falcon. Web-site service. March.                                            4872                             50.00

ACRK convention attendance Cllr. Cockett April.                               4873                            30.00

John Boyd (Farms) Ltd. Tree planting at cemetery                                4874                           840.00

Amiga Fire & Security Ltd. Monthly maintenance.                               4875                             54.00

Jen Contractors. WCs cleaning, dog bins & litter March.      .              4876                           912.00

PMC Planning Neighbourhood Plan consultancy March.                      4877                        2400.00

CPRE membership/donation                                                                 4878                          100.00

ACRK membership                                                                                 4879                             50.00

Short Locksmiths. WCs lock repairs                                                     4880                            65.00

Down to Earth. Village handyman. March                                             4881                           860.00

Salaries & expenses detailed as Appendix A and filed with a signed copy of these minutes.

To note receipt of income (Details of income to be tabled)

Ham Lane Allotment Association. Rent for 2018/2019                                                            320.00

 

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Knowles seconded, and it was RESOLVED to make the payments.

Cllrs. Osborne and Cockett signed the cheques on behalf of Lenham Parish Council.

 

17/162   CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED(For information only)

A resident raised parking/traffic issues in the village. An update on transport will be communicated.

A reply will be sent concerning verge erosion in West Street.

The meeting closed 9.35pm

LPC Meeting Report 4th April 2018
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)