LPC Meeting Minutes 7th December 2016 LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

PRESENT        Cllr. R Greenwood, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Ballard, M Cockett, E Gee, K Lapwood, J Nye, N Osborne,

J Smith-Essex, P Scrivens & A Walmsley.

Mrs. M McFarlane (Clerk).  4 Members of the public.

 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION                      (7.30pm – 7.50pm)

A resident raised concerns about the extensive drainage works taking place in Faversham Road and the effect it may have on the market to be held on the 11th December. Work should be completed 14th-15th December.

Speeding issues were raised by a parishioner, Cllr. Walmsley confirmed the report from the highway consultant will be discussed, the LPC will pursue extra parking provision and traffic control, especially speed reduction options, which will be a project for 2017.

The Community Warden read out the crime figures for November, 13 in total, with 31 calls to the police and 4 road traffic accidents.  Information relating to the avian bird flu outbreak, keep warm and well this winter campaign and the Community Support volunteer scheme were presented by the Community Warden, he also requested vigilance with postal scams and outlined the Community Resolution initiative.  Damage to the pond on Bull Heath was reported by Cllr. Smith-Essex.

The village handyman will work with former LEA members to ensure the planters are maintained.

 

The Chairman thanked the members of the public for attending & opened the meeting at 7.52pm.

 

16/86                APOLOGIES & APPROVAL OF ABSENCES

The Council accepted the reason for apology for absence from:

Cllrs. T & J Sams (attending MBC meeting) PCSO Boyd (work commitment)

Cllrs. Culver & Michaelas (work commitment)

 

16/87               TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS

Declarations to changes to the Register of Interests.  No declarations received.

Declarations of Interest on Agenda items.  No declarations.

Requests for dispensations.  No requests received.

 

16/88                TO REQUEST NOTIFICATION

The Chairman requested notification of intention to film, photograph or record any items.

No notifications received.

 

16/89                TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 2nd NOVEMBER 2016

Cllr. Essex-Smith proposed, Cllr. Osborne seconded and it was RESOLVED that the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on the 2nd November 2016 are a true record and were approved and adopted. Subject to one amendment, Cllr. Gee had not offered to join the planning committee.  The Clerk thanked Cllr. Walmsley for taking the minutes in her absence.

 

16/90                PROGRESS OF RESOLUTIONS (For information purposes only)

Cllr. Ballard reported only one multi-purpose bin in Ham Lane would replace the seven dog bins being removed throughout the village by MBC. Options and costs to provide replacement bins which will be the responsibility of the parish council will be investigated.

Cllr. Smith-Essex reported on the new media facilities arriving in the village in 2017 which will improve broad band speeds. The initiative does not include Lenham Heath or Platts Heath at present. A public consultation event will be organised and advertised in Focus magazine in the new year.

Rats are causing problems in out-buildings at Lenham Heath & Platts Heath.  Cllr. Smith-Essex will submit details for an article on the web-site and Focus.

 

 

16/91                LENBUS REPORT

Cllr. Osborne is awaiting the release of the funds from the auditor which will be paid to the LPC.

The monies will be transferred to the Hatch Charity for transport facilities throughout the parish, co-operating with the LIFT scheme.

 

16/92                HANDYMAN WORK SCHEDULE

The handyman has successfully completed several tasks in the Square and there are various other works which will be scheduled in the new year.  Cllr. Scrivens proposed, Cllr. Cockett seconded and it was RESOLVED to purchase two large apple bins and instruct the handyman to place a compost facility at the cemetery.  Mole control will be undertaken at the cemetery by S Waring. The roundabout at Groom Way is scheduled to be cut back by KCC.

 

 16/93               TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES MEETING

Cllrs. Smith-Essex, Greenwood and Michaelas will meet to discuss concerns about the lack of parking facilities throughout the village.  Parking problems should be reported to MBC & KCC.

Cllr. Cockett (subject to budget consideration) will progress the possibility of planting trees on the south side of the A20 along the business park boundary.

 

Cllr. Osborne proposed, Cllr. Nye seconded and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meeting of the 16th November 2016 be approved and adopted.

 

16/94                TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETINGS

The land measurement for the allotment must be verified and agreed before heads of terms can be undertaken.

The NHP team will reconvene in the new year following the report from the inspector of the MBC Local Plan.   The provision of funding the next stage of the NHP will be considered at the F & GP meeting for recommendation at the January council meeting.

 

Cllr. Ballard proposed, Cllr. Cockett seconded and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the reports of the meetings on the 16th November & 5th December 2016 be

approved and adopted.

 

16/95                TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL SPOKEPERSONS


HIGHWAYS

The recently received report from the consultant regarding the traffic calming options at Ham Lane/High Street junction will be studied and recommendations made to full council.

 

CCTV

No report.  Concerns were raised about ongoing problems with anti-social behaviour at Lenham Heath.  Clerk will speak with PCSO Boyd for an update.

 

PARISH PLAY FACILITIES

New signage is needed at both play areas, plus extra bins.  Annual maintenance costs will be budgeted for in 2017/2018.

 

ENVIRONMENT & PROJECTS

A sketch of the proposed new WCs has been requested by MBC.  Grounds maintenance contract to be discussed for budget purposes.

 

TOURISM & BUSINESS ASSOCIATION

Cllrs. Nye & Smith-Essex have worked with Falcon to organise the new web-site which will be available in the new year, subject to all the information being collated. A new logo will be developed for use on both LPC sites.

 

DOUGLAS ALMS HOUSES

Cllr. Ballard reported all units are occupied and there is a need for more provision in the future.

 

PICNIC SITE

Cllr. Osborne is progressing the planting of new trees at the site.

 

LENHAM COMMUNITY CENTRE

The CCTV system will be repaired.

 

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS

A very successful event, well attended.  Market dates sign on east side of village needs regularly updated.

 

COMMUNICATIONS

Regular articles in the Focus updating the council activities are well received.  Clerk will submit report for January edition.

 

16/96                REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE MEETINGS
Cllr. Greenwood attended CPRE AGM.  Rural housing presentation most useful.

Cllrs. Greenwood & Nye attended KALC AGM.  Police Commissioner interesting input.

Cllr. Osborne attended HPC meeting.  On line banking is being trialed by the RFO.

 

16/97                KALC & CPRE   It was agreed this agenda item would be encompassed in reports from outside meetings and removed as a separate agenda item.

 

16/98                FINANCE

  1. To authorize payments (Details of payments to be tabled). Cheque no:           Amount

                        Down to Earth Maintenance.   November works.                               4680                  443.00

Made by Falcon Ltd.  Web-site services.                                            4681                     50.00

Jen Contractors.  November Litter/WCs.                                            4682                  720.00

OCS Group UK.  WCs duty of care disposal service.                        4683                     36.18

Void cheque.                                                                                       4684                     00.00

Aspen Tree Services.  Cemetery/Community Centre works.              4685                 1752.00

BT Payments Office Telephone/Broadband paid by M McFarlane.  4686                     195.89

Office expenses/petty cash paid by M McFarlane.                              4687                     87.55

S.E. Fletcher Consulting Ltd.  Junction improvement report.  4688                  360.00

Made by Falcon Ltd.  Tourism web-site set up.                                  4689                  750.00

Southern Water Services Ltd.  Map of parish drainage.                      4690                     49.92

Direct Debit Maidstone BC Cemetery rates.                                                                    91.00

Direct Debit South East Water Cemetery water supply.                                                     1.00

Direct Debit Scottish Power WCs power supply.                                                            21.00

Direct Debit EDF Energy pop up power supply.                                                             15.00

Direct Debit EDF Energy Street Lighting.                                                                      122.83

 

Salaries & expenses detailed as Appendix A and filed with a signed copy of these minutes.

 

  1. To note receipt of income (Details of income to be tabled)

Lenham Businesses Finger Post sponsorship 5 x £165.00                                       825.00

 

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Ballard seconded and it was RESOLVED to make the payments.  Cllrs. Scrivens and Osborne signed the cheques on behalf of LPC.

 

16/99                CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED      (For information only)

Subject to agreement from the family, LPC will recommend Burgess Close as a name for a new development at Lenham Heath.  An article will be written giving the history of the names chosen

for new developments in the parish.

 

Cllr. Greenwood asked for consideration and nominations for the position of vice chairman to be agreed at the January meeting.

 

The Chairman closed the meeting and wished all those present a Merry Christmas.

 

The meeting closed at 9.55pm

LPC Meeting Minutes 7th December 2016
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)