LPC Meeting Minutes 3rd January 2018 LPC General, LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE LENHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 HELD ON THE 3rdJANUARY 2018IN THE OSBORNE ROOM AT THE COMMUNITY CENTRE AT 7.30pm

 

PRESENT   Cllr.R Greenwood, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Ballard, M Cockett, P Culver, C Huggens, P Scrivens & A Walmsley. Mrs. M McFarlane (Clerk)

Cllr. F Stanley representing Harrietsham Parish Council. 6 Members of the public.

 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION                                                                                             (7.30pm – 7.50pm)

A resident raised concerns about the possibility of the 10x bus service offering fewer services following the proposed withdrawal of KCC subsidy. Cllr. J Sams will investigate further and report back to the council.

Cllr. Scrivens will report to KCC a fallen tree on open space between Robins Close and the High Street.

A parishioner enquired about the progress of the speed indicator devices proposed for the parish. Cllr. Walmsley gave a brief update; full details follow under agenda item 17/109.

The Chairman of the Ham Lane Allotment Association confirmed attendance at the meeting organised for January 10thto discuss allotment contracts with LPC.

The Community Warden requested continued vigilance concerning scams in which vulnerable people are ‘befriended’ in order to steal their money. The CCTV in the Square may prove useful in the search for a missing elderly lady.  Crime report: theft of lead from a business at Station Approach.

Borough Cllr. J Sams enquired about tree works requested at Malthouse Close, KCC confirmed they do not consider the works are necessary. The verge damage at the junction of Douglas Road and Maidstone Road will be fully reinstated once the development at Parapet Field is completed, in the meantime, a wheel wash will be used and signs warning of mud on road have been placed on Maidstone Road.

Cllr. Sams reported the petition concerning access to the A20 from the proposed Tanyard Farm north development was gaining momentum, an article will be submitted to Focus magazine. A meeting to discuss speed watch has been organised for 15thJanuary to forward the project.

Mr J Boyd proposed a tree planting scheme for the cemetery. The proposal will be discussed fully at the Finance & General Purposes meeting on the 17thJanuary.  The Chairman thanked Mr Boyd for the voluntary work he undertakes throughout the village.

The Chairman welcomed Cllr. Stanley from HPC and opened the meeting at 7.50pm

 

17/101   APOLOGIES & APPROVAL OF ABSENCES

The Council accepted the reason for apology for absence from:

Cllrs. N Osborne (holiday) M Michaelas (work commitment) County Cllr. S Prendergast (unwell)

 

17/102   TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS

Declarations to changes to the Register of Interests.  No declarations received.

Declarations of Interest on Agenda items.  No declarations received.

Requests for dispensations.  No requests received.

 

17/103   TO REQUEST NOTIFICATION

The Chairman requested notification of intention to film, photograph or record any items.

No notifications received.

 

17/104   TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Cllr. Ballard proposed, Cllr. Culver seconded, and it was RESOLVED that the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday 6thDecember 2017are a true record and were

approved and adopted.

 

17/105   PROGRESS OF RESOLUTIONS(For information purposes only) Covered under agenda items.

 

17/106   ADOPTION OF MEETING FORMAT PROPOSALS & SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNICATIONS

Individual role responsibilities for council members will be discussed at the F & GP meeting.

Cllr. Smith-Essex will be requested to be a social media representative, to liaise with the Clerk.

 

17/107   FUTURE OF LENHAM LIBRARY

KCC are presently considering viable options for the possible relocation of Lenham Library.

Cllrs. will meet with KCC property services division. The council will promote the importance of using or losing the Library facility and support the present site as the most appropriate.

 

17/108   NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN REPORT

Cllr. Cockett confirmed the negotiations with land owners and developers to request contributions to various initial works were progressing well, and the beginnings of a master plan are taking shape.

Cllr. Greenwood reported that the formulating plan (Regulation 14) will be published and presented to the Parish and MBC within the next three months.  A request that the council considers putting forward the William Pitt Field as a potential development site within the plan was discussed. The inclusion of the site is subject to the Council replacing the field with another Recreation Area within the parish of the same size, or greater, with new improved facilities, in line with meetings with Lenham Wanderers FC.  Cllrs. agreed unanimously and it was RESOLVED to include the William Pitt Field as a possible development site. All NHP consultations and procedures will be followed.

Cllr. Huggens was concerned about ongoing flooding problems on the A20, Cllr. Scrivens will report to KCC. The possibility of eliminating the flooding issue within the new proposed developments west of Ham Lane was discussed.

 

17/109   TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES MEETING

Cllrs. RESOLVED to:

1) Install extra wooden posts for the sum of £200 on the cemetery drive to dissuade illegal parking.

2) Install a speeding indicator device (with five posts) for the sum of £8,393.

3) Undertake tree surgery works at Royton Avenue and Maidstone Road car park for £1,080.

Cllr. Walmsley proposed, Cllr. Cockett seconded, and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meeting of the 20thDecember 2017be approved and adopted.

                                                                                       

17/110   TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETING

Cllr. Walmsley briefly outlined the applications received, no questions were raised.

The council noted there were no changes to the KMWLP concerning Chapel Farm Lenham Heath during the past five years, therefore the original response remains the same.

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Cockett seconded, and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meeting on the 20thDecember 2017 be approved and adopted.

 

OM COUNCIL SPOKEPERSONS

Cllr. Scrivens requested a site meeting to resolve the flooding at the Maidstone Road car park,

The Clerk will organise the meeting with Lanes Ltd. and invite the manager from the Dog & Bear.

 

The roof of the bus stop in the Square needs repaired and the slabs re-aligned. Clerk will organise.

Cllr. Stanley from Harrietsham Parish Council reported on the ongoing planning objection of

a proposed development on woodland at Pilgrims Way in the AONB.

                                                                                     

17/112    REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE MEETINGS

No reports submitted.

 

17/113   FINANCE

  1. a) To authorize payments (Details of payments to be tabled).     Cheque no:                Amount

 

Made by Falcon. Web-site service. December                                       4831                             50.00

Mrs A Russell. Ex gratia payment                                                          4832                           139.00

Landscape Services. Grounds maintenance 2017.                                 4833                         6561.14

South East Water. Allotment supply (standing charge)                         4834                             15.77

Aspen Tree Services. Groom Way tree felling.                                      4835                         3000.00

Amiga Fire & Security Ltd. Monthly maintenance.                               4836                             54.00

Jen Contractors. WCs cleaning, dog bins & litter December.                4837                           912.00

Community Centre. Hire charges Oct – Dec 2017                                 4838                           229.00

Mr. N Osborne. NHP Rail travel expenses                                             4839                             52.80

Chris Hill Down to Earth.  Ground work/handyman duties.                 4840                             70.00

M McFarlane.  Petty cash payments December.                                    4841                             75.71

 

Salaries & expenses detailed as Appendix A and filed with a signed copy of these minutes.

 

To note receipt of income (Details of income to be tabled)   No income received.

 

Cllr. Ballard proposed, Cllr. Walmsley seconded, and it was RESOLVED to make the payments.

Cllrs. Scrivens and Cockett signed the cheques on behalf of Lenham Parish Council.

 

Cllr. Greenwood will write to the developers at the Paddocks site, following correspondence concerning the proposed grant to be paid to LPC for the recent tree removal works, which is now being disputed.

 

  1. b) Grant Applications received

Len Valley Messy Church £200 for equipment/craft supplies.

Harrietsham & Lenham Scout Group £500 for Scout hut building improvements.

Lenham Nursery School £1000 for replacement garden surface.

 

Cllrs. agreed the grants for the Len Valley Church and the Harrietsham & Lenham Scout Group.

The Lenham Nursery School application was unsuccessful.  The Clerk will inform applicants.

 

 

17/113   FINANCE CONTINUED

 

  1. c) Budget Recommendations & Precept Requirement

The budget proposals for 2018-2019 as recommended by the Finance and General Purposes committee totalled an estimated expenditure of £156,600 for the next financial year.

The draft proposals were previously circulated for consideration by Cllrs.

A copy of the proposals is attached to these minutes.

Cllr. Cockett proposed, Cllr. Huggens seconded, and it was RESOLVED to set the precept at

Band D £87 (previously £72) to raise £124,497.00

The Chairman and Clerk signed the Local Government Finance Act 1992 Parish Precept Requirement 2018 – 2019 to raise £124,497 which will be submitted to Maidstone Borough Council.

 

17/114   CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED(For information only)

The completion papers and land registry details for the purchase of the Ham Lane Allotment site was     received from the solicitors Thorneloe & Co.

The developers of the Paddocks site in Ashford Road raised issues relating to the recent tree felling works in Groom Way.

The KCC Minerals and Waste Local Plan consultation, responses should be sent before the close date of 29thMarch.

The Planning Officer (Enforcement) ENF/17/500794/BOC Ashmill Business Park, Ashford Road, over stacked wooden pallets, found no evidence that a breach of planning control has occurred, case closed, no further action.

 

 

The meeting closed at 9.20pm

 

LPC Meeting Minutes 3rd January 2018
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)