LPC Meeting Minutes 2nd December 2015 LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE LENHAM PARISH COUNCIL  HELD ON THE 2nd DECEMBER 2015 IN THE COMMUNITY CENTRE AT 7.30pm

PRESENT

Cllr. R Greenwood, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Cockett, P Culver, N Osborne, P Scrivens, & H Shotter.

M McFarlane (Clerk) Borough Cllrs. J Sams & T Sams.

Community Warden M Sherwood.

Cllr. S Morris representing Harrietsham Parish Council

8 Members of the public.

 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

A parishioner reported a street light (0015) in need of repair and requested the public toilets (gents) have both cubicles in working order. A quote will be sought for repair/replacement of facility.

A resident raised concerns relating to speeding traffic, particularly from Old Ashford Road to The Square.

Cllr. Scrivens confirmed that works were in hand to address several traffic issues throughout the parish.

Cllr. Culver will circulate the results of his research into the use of mobile speed indicators.

The proposed increased housing at Glebe Gardens was discussed, as a parishioner highlighted the need to protect the pond and surrounding area from development.

The Community Warden reported on recent incidences concerning tricksters offering to carry out free home safety checks and then charging for unnecessary works.  Mr. Sherwood provided information relating to the availability of home security marking tools, he also reported on the availability of a device from MBC which monitors room temperatures and sends text alerts to warn of temperature changes.

Cllrs. J & T Sams will ask MBC questions relating to the provision of local needs housing and will investigate further the policy to incorporate adequate housing for local people. Discussions with South Eastern Rail representatives to improve access for wheelchair users, at present, unable to use the path to the railway station from Robins Avenue, are progressing well.  The proposed site for a motocross track at Runham Lane Sandway is being monitored in relation to wild life protection issues.

The Chairman opened the meeting at 7.50pm and welcomed Cllr. Morris from Harrietsham Parish Council.

The Chairman requested notification to the council if anyone intends to film, photograph, or record any items.  Members of the public should not be filmed.  No notifications received.

 

15/69                APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

The Council accepted the reason for apology for absence from:

Cllr. K Lapwood (work commitment) Cllr. M Jerrett (unwell)

 

15/70                DECLARATIONS

Declarations of changes to the Register of Interests.  None were declared.

Declarations of Interest on Agenda items.  No declarations.

Requests for dispensations.  No requests.

 

15/71                CO-OPTION TO COUNCIL

Cllr. Scrivens proposed, Cllr. Greenwood seconded and it was RESOLVED to co-opt

John Nye on to the council.

Cllr. Osborne proposed, Cllr. Shotter seconded and it was RESOLVED to co-opt

Michael Ballard on to the council.

Mr. Nye and Mr. Ballard signed the declaration of acceptance and were welcomed to join the council by the Chairman.

 

15/72                MINUTES

The minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on the 4th November 2015 were confirmed as a true record and it was RESOLVED that they be approved and adopted.

 

15/73                MATTERS ARISING

 Cllr. Osborne is the Chairman of the Trustees of the Community Centre and will therefore refrain from voting on any issues raised at council meetings relating to the Community Centre, whereby avoiding any conflict of interests.

 

15/74                REPORTS & COMMITTEES/SPOKESPERSONS

A                      Finance & General Purposes.    Report  

No report as the meeting was postponed. A budget meeting will be organised.

 

B                      Planning & Neighbourhood Plan.  Report by Cllr. Jerrett

Cllr. Greenwood reported on behalf of Cllr. Jerrett.   Concerns were raised about the noise level relating to the proposed installation of air conditioning units on the retail building at the former ironmongers site on Faversham Road.  The planning committee will monitor the situation on behalf of residents close to the site.

Cllr. Shotter reported on the NHP progress and requested consideration be given to applying for grants to fund future expenses.  Cllrs. Cockett and Ballard agreed to pursue funding sources.  Cllr. Culver has updated the SWOT analysis following public consultation feedback.  Cllr. Osborne will attend a meeting on 17th December to discuss low cost housing land availability.

Cllr. Greenwood will meet with URC developers to define the provision of netting on the cricket field boundary and the maintenance contract on behalf of the Lenham Cricket Club.

A letter will be sent to Cllr. English to seek clarification of the planning agreement and query the ongoing maintenance contract.  LCC did not consider proposed development on Parapet Field to be detrimental to the safe continuation of cricket matches.

 

It was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meeting on 18th November 2015 be approved and adopted.

 

C                      Highways & Transportation.   Report by Cllr. Scrivens

A meeting with the KCC Highway Steward proved useful.  The junction at Sandway will have vegetation cut back and the road markings repainted. Unfortunately, the use of the narrow lanes by HGVs cannot be stopped as local businesses and farmers need to access their sites.  A meeting with MBC to discuss parking restrictions on Old Ashford Road will be organised for January.

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Shotter seconded and it was RESOLVED to purchase traffic cones to close off the car park during repair works.  Cllr. Culver proposed, Cllr. Osborne seconded and it was RESOLVED to instruct Loxton Ltd. to replace the flood lights in Maidstone Road car park as soon as possible, under health and safety concerns.

It was agreed to ask if the equipment used by Loxton Ltd. could be used to replace lamps at the Community Centre, a separate quote would be sought.

Questions were raised concerning the Faversham Road junction improvements.

The Clerk will contact the KCC Highway officer for clarification.

Cllr. Shotter suggested improved signage for the cemetery and public footpath would be advantageous and could be included in the improvement works.

 

D                      Law & Order.  CCTV                       Report by Cllr. Culver

Cllr. Culver is organising a meeting with Rev. Venn to discuss the option of placing an aerial on the church tower for CCTV coverage of the square and surrounding area.

 

E                      Web-site Development          Report by Cllr. Culver

The Clerk will ask Falcon to provide a contract for regular uploading to the site, for further discussion.  KCC will be contacted to enquire when the option of a web-site facility will be available.

 

F                      Environment                                        Reports

  A meeting with MBC street scene officer will be organised in January to discuss ongoing maintenance of the Square. The handyman tasks will be reviewed in January.  The projects for the spring will be discussed and new committee members co-opted in the new year.

Cllr. Greenwood will monitor the WCs.

 

15/75                REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE MEETINGS

Cllr. Shotter reported on the proceedings of the November Harrietsham Parish Council meeting which she attended on behalf of LPC.

Cllr. Scrivens prefers e-mails to be sent to him during office hours.

Cllr. Greenwood proposed adjourning any decision concerning the Community Centre Trust Deed until further legal advice has been received from Mr. Thorneloe, at which time the LPC will be in a position to expedite proceeding as soon as possible.

Cllr. Osborne outlined proceeding thus far and gave a brief history of the Trust Deed in order for new Cllrs. to be abreast of the situation.

Cllr. Greenwood proposed that as Mr. A Barr & Mr. L Porter had already undertaken considerable work on behalf of the LPC they continue to attend future Trust Deed meetings.

Four Cllrs. agreed, two Cllrs. abstained.  Mr. Barr & Mr. Porter will continue negotiations on behalf of LPC.

 

15/76                    KALC/RURAL KENT/CPRE

Cllrs. Shotter & Cockett attended the KALC AGM on behalf of LPC.  Annual fee increases were discussed for 2016/17.  Defibrillators for rural areas will be discussed further at F & GP.

It would be advantageous to have a LPC representative at the Maidstone KALC area committee meetings.

 

15/77                ACCOUNTS

Cheques for consideration and payment

  • BT Payment Services Council Office                                      4548               194.50
  • OCS Group Ltd.  WCs duty of care.                                       4549                33.70
  • Mark Sherwood. MS computer services                                 4550                60.00
  • Lotus Design & Print NHP questionnaires                             4551                261.60
  • Lenham Primary School NHP event                                       4552                100.00
  • Commercial Services Landscapes                                           4553              4195.72
  • Jen Contractors Ltd Oct & Nov WCs cleaning                       4554                696.00
  • M McFarlane Petty cash payments Oct & Nov                       4555                185.61

Salaries & expenses detailed as Appendix A and filed with a signed copy of these minutes.

 

15/78                CORRESPONDENCE

No correspondence received.

The Chairman thanked Cllr. S Morris from HPC for attending the meeting and closed the meeting at 9.53pm.

LPC Meeting Minutes 2nd December 2015
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)