LPC Meeting Minutes 1st November 2017 LPC General, LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE LENHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 HELD ON THE 1st NOVEMBER 2017 IN THE OSBORNE ROOM AT THE COMMUNITY CENTRE AT 7.30pm

 

PRESENT   Cllr. R Greenwood, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Ballard, (until 8.30pm) P Culver, (from 8.30pm) C Huggens, N Osborne, P Scrivens,

& A Walmsley. Cllr. Tim Griffiths representing Harrietsham Parish Council.

Mrs. M McFarlane (Clerk) 6 Members of the public.

 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION                                                                                             (7.30pm – 7.50pm)

Issues raised during public participation related to safety concerns at the Faversham Road crossroads, following the KCC highways changes to the junction layout. It was agreed cutting back trees to enhance sight lines would be investigated and improvements to the junction be a top priority.

Incorrectly placed and damaged road signs and lack of junction lighting, plus excessive speed problems will be raised by the council with KCC Highways.

It was confirmed the village signs have been completely refurbished by a local artist and would be erected during November. The council wishes to thank Mr. B Argue for the superb workmanship.

A suggestion to reinstate the Highways sub-committee, which may help stream line the full council meetings will be discussed as an agenda item at the next council meeting.

Allotment members thanked the council for the purchase of the Ham lane allotment site, meetings will be organised between the council and allotment holders to discuss the future of the site.

  1. Cllr. T Sams submitted a report to the meeting concerning the progress of the community Speedwatch.

The Community warden warned of rogue traders operating in the village, offering garden services. He highlighted the need to keep an eye on vulnerable residents, never to purchase from door-step callers and always report immediately to the police any suspected trading abuses.  Reports of shed and outbuilding break-ins alerted the need to check all garden and garage buildings.  There will no longer be a PCSO presence at council meetings, due to staff shortages and stretched resources.

The Chairman welcomed Cllr. T Griffiths from HPC and opened the meeting at 8.00pm

 

17/73     APOLOGIES & APPROVAL OF ABSENCES

The Council accepted the reason for apology for absence from:

Cllr. Smith-Essex (holiday) Cllrs. Gee & Cockett (family commitments)

Cllr. Michaelas (work commitment) Borough Cllrs. T & J Sams (family commitments)

 

17/74    TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS

Declarations to changes to the Register of Interests.  No declarations received.

Declarations of Interest on Agenda items.  No declarations received.

Requests for dispensations.  No requests received.

 

17/75      TO REQUEST NOTIFICATION

The Chairman requested notification of intention to film, photograph or record any items.

No notifications received.

 

17/76    TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Cllr. Walmsley proposed, Cllr. Ballard seconded, and it was RESOLVED that the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Wednesday 4th October 2017 are a true record and were approved and adopted.

 

17/77      PROGRESS OF RESOLUTIONS (For information purposes only)

Cllrs. Greenwood, Scrivens and Michaelas will meet to discuss the way forward for the possible adoption of the KCC highway policy on temporary obstructions. (A boards)

 

17/78    NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN REPORT

Consultation meetings with Harrietsham PC, Len Valley Practice, KCC and numerous developers to discuss plan progress, concerning education facilities, required medical services, water and sewage utilities, road layout and transport links are ongoing and are generally positive.

The overall masterplan is taking shape.

 

17/79    PURCHASE OF THE ALLOTMENT SITE AT HAM LANE

The completion of the purchase will be finalised on clearance of the cheque. A meeting will be organised with the Ham Lane Allotment Association members to establish the future of the site.

Cllr. Ballard reported the HSBC accounts will be closed now the funds have been spent on the allotment purchase.  He will investigate alternative accounts for recommendation to council.

 

17/80    GROOM WAY TREE WORKS

Access to the site via the paddock has been agreed with the site agent, who will liaise with the tree surgeon to schedule the works. MBC will require five days’ notice prior to works beginning.

The tree surgeon will be able to start in two to three weeks’ time, once he has completed previous commitments. (weather permitting)

 

17/81    TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES MEETINGS

Planning enforcement have been informed of the over stacked pallets on the business estate between the A20 and Old Ashford Road, reference number DIG61197707. Complaints have been received about health and safety issues and the ‘eyesore’ site.

Cllrs. are invited to attend the F & GP meeting on the 15th November to discuss budget proposals.

Recommendations for inclusion in the draft should be sent to the Clerk beforehand.

Cemetery tree works, quote requested to replace two trees on the drive, and extra posts to deter illegal parking.

Cllr. Walmsley recommends the drainage report for the car park needs further investigation.

A quote will be sought for option one of the report submitted by Lanes Drainage Co.

Cllrs. Greenwood and Huggens will meet at Royton Avenue on Friday 3rd to discuss tree works.

Cllr. Osborne proposed, Cllr. Walmsley seconded, and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meetings of the 18th October 2017 be approved and adopted.

  

17/82    TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETINGS

The planning committee had no objections to applications discussed during October.

There were no questions raised concerning the applications.

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Huggens seconded, and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meetings on the 18th & 30th October 2017

be approved and adopted.

                                      

17/83    TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL SPOKEPERSONS

Cllrs. Greenwood and Walmsley met with Staplehurst PC to discuss the adopted Staplehurst NHP.

It was a useful exchange of ideas, highlighting the need for an audit trail of plan documents.

Cllr. Greenwood reported a request for small owl boxes be placed at the picnic site. It was agreed Pippa Palmer could access the site to place the boxes.

Cllr. Scrivens reported the Cross needed work. The best time for cleaning the area was April.

A request for volunteers will be submitted to Focus early 2018.

Cllr. Culver reported CCTV information has been provided to the Community Warden concerning issues at the car park. Details were also available regarding a traffic accident in the Square.

Cllr. Huggens made his apologies for being unable to attend the October HPC meeting.

Cllr. Culver apologized for being unable to attend the November HPC meeting and offered to attend on an alternative month.

Cllr. Griffiths representing HPC reported a new Cllr. had been co-opted and it is hoped to open the new parish office in the new year.

Cllr. Cockett requested any additional comments to the AONB landscape document be submitted as soon as possible, before the report is sent.

 

 

17/84     REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE MEETINGS

The KALC AGM will take place on Saturday, November 18th at Ditton. Cllr. Greenwood will attend.

 

17/85    FINANCE

  1. a) To authorize payments (Details of payments to be tabled).     Cheque no:                Amount

Lenham Community Centre. Room hire July – Sept.                            4803                          263.00

Made by Falcon. Web-site service. October                                          4804                             50.00

S E Fletcher Consultancy. Highway speed reduction.                            4805                           360.00

Kent County Council. WCs supplies.                                                     4806                             41.22

PMC Planning. NHP consultancy fees for September.                          4807                         2400.00

Lenham Wanderers FC. Grant for WPF upkeep.                                   4808                           620.00

Sheds & Shelters Ltd. Cemetery shed.                                                   4809                           559.00

Lenham Lighting Committee. Grant towards lights.                              4810                           500.00

OCS Group Ltd. Duty of care WCs.                                                      4811                             51.95

Jen Contractors. WCs cleaning, dog bins & litter October.                   4812                           912.00

M McFarlane.  Petty cash payments October.                                        4813                           229.13

Chris Hill Down to Earth. Handyman duties. Sept/Oct.                         4814                         1830.00

Amiga Fire & Security Ltd. Monthly maintenance.                               4815                             54.00

Thorneloe & Co. Allotment purchase.                                                   4816                       45700.40

 

Salaries & expenses detailed as Appendix A and filed with a signed copy of these minutes.

To note receipt of income (Details of income to be tabled)   No income received

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Culver seconded, and it was RESOLVED to make the payments.

Cllrs. Scrivens and Osborne signed the cheques on behalf of LPC.

 

  1. b) Community Scheme Grant Applications.

Countryways Quilters Group applying for £400

Countryways Knitting Group applying for £240

Countryways Rugmakers Group applying for £286

 

Cllr. Culver proposed, Cllr. Huggens seconded, and it was RESOLVED to pay the grant applications.

 

  1. c) Remembrance Sunday wreath purchase.

£30 for wreath from LPC.

 

Cllr. Greenwood will represent LPC at the Memorial service on Sunday November 12th at

St Mary’s church, followed by the ceremony at the cemetery war graves.

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Culver seconded, and it was RESOLVED to purchase the wreath.

 

17/86    CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED (For information only)

Details of the KALC AGM on Saturday November 18th at Ditton Community Centre.

 

The meeting closed at 9.25pm

LPC Meeting Minutes 1st November 2017
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)