LPC Meeting Minutes 1st February 2017 LPC General, LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE LENHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 HELD ON THE 1st FEBRUARY 2017 IN THE OSBORNE ROOM AT THE COMMUNITY CENTRE AT 7.30pm

 

PRESENT        Cllr. R Greenwood, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Cockett, P Culver, E Gee, M Michaelas, J Nye,

N Osborne, J Smith-Essex, P Scrivens & A Walmsley.

Mrs. M McFarlane (Clerk) 3 Members of the public.

 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION       (7.30pm – 7.50pm)

A resident reported the lights on the footpath from Old Ashford Road to Groom Way were now working.

PCSO Rowley read the crime figures for January, five in total, he highlighted the importance of reporting incidences promptly on 101, supplying as many details as possible. The theft of dogs was an issue at present and extra diligence was required.

The Community Warden warned of bogus telephone callers posing as police officers and rogue traders visiting properties offering roof repairs, both should be reported on 101. Details of the KCC Kent Karrier services for local transport needs were available and will be advertised locally.

Thanks, were given to Cllr. Smith-Essex for the LPC logo design, posters, business cards & dog bin signs.

 

The Chairman thanked the members of the public for attending and opened the meeting at 7.40pm.

 

16/116               APOLOGIES & APPROVAL OF ABSENCES

The Council accepted the reason for apology for absence from:

Cllr. K Lapwood (family commitment) Cllr. M Ballard (unwell)

Borough Cllrs. J & T Sams. (family commitment)

 

16/117              TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS

Declarations to changes to the Register of Interests.  No declarations received.

Declarations of Interest on Agenda items.  No declarations.

Requests for dispensations.  No requests received.

 

16/118               TO REQUEST NOTIFICATION

The Chairman requested notification of intention to film, photograph or record any items.

No notifications received.

 

16/119               TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Cllr. Scrivens proposed, Cllr. Michaelas seconded and it was RESOLVED that the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on the 4th January 2017 are a true record and were approved and adopted.

 

16/120               PROGRESS OF RESOLUTIONS (For information purposes only)

The ten dog bins are being prepared in readiness for installment. Possible sponsorship options to cover the running costs of the bins will be discussed at the

F & GP meeting on the 15th February.

 

16/121               TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES MEETING

The new fingerposts have been installed in the Square.  We are awaiting information from

County Cllr. J Whittle concerning the legal situation regarding the use of A boards.

 

F & GP continued:

The quote from the recently undertaken tree audit will be discussed at the next F & GP

meeting on the 15th February.

 

Cllr. Osborne proposed, Cllr. Nye seconded and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meeting of the 18th January 2017

be approved and adopted.

 

16/122               TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETINGS

The applications from the 18th & 30th planning meetings were reported.

Cllr. Osborne is in communication with Cllr. Whittle asking why the allocation of S106 monies from developments in Lenham are being allocated to the Harrietsham school?

 

Future planning comments to MBC will be sent as near to the closure date as possible, to allow for neighbour comments to be taken into consideration.

 

Neighbourhood Plan 2017 Report

Group members and the NHP consultant met with MBC Planning officers, R Jarman and

M Egerton, the meeting was a positive step forward to producing the Lenham Plan in conjunction with the inspector’s findings and the Maidstone Borough Local Plan.

 

Following the appointment of Mr. Paul McCreery FRTPI of PMC Planning, to act for the Parish Council and working with the Neighbourhood Plan Group, the Council wishes to record that following the failure to comply of our NHP Regulation 14 submission and subsequent emerging Maidstone Local Plan Examination, which confirmed that in Lenham there will be planning permission for 1000 houses plus the already granted 400+ houses.

The 1000 houses will be in the planning period 2021 – 2031.

Discussions will take place with all parties concerning the infrastructure to make sure that the appropriate services are in place.

The NHP Group will be the leaders in developing our updated NHP working with the Council and the land owners and their representatives, to make sure that Lenham is developed as a prosperous and vibrant village community.

The minutes of the NHP meetings will be uploaded on the LPC web-site.

 

Cllr. Culver proposed, Cllr. Cockett seconded and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meetings on the 18th & 30th January 2017

be approved and adopted.

 

16/123               TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL SPOKEPERSONS
HIGHWAYS

Cllr. Scrivens reported improvements at the Faversham Road junction were scheduled this month.  The no entry/exit road markings in the Square are being repainted.

Tree surgery will be carried out on the Lime trees in the Square this week.

 

Cllr. Walmsley will instruct the consultant to continue with the traffic calming initiative report at the junction of the High Street and Ham Lane.

Cllrs. Michaelas, Smith-Essex, Greenwood and Walmsley will meet to discuss parking issues and report back to LPC.

2

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CCTV

Cllr. Culver will survey the storage facilities at the WCs to see if they are suitable for installing the CCTV cabinet. The cameras are working at the Ham Lane play park &

William Pitt field.

PARISH PLAY FACILITIES

Cllr. Gee will take responsibility for parish play facilities.  Wicksteed will be asked to carry out the annual inspection of equipment.  Cllr. Greenwood will request Mr. Goodwin undertake a maintenance inspection of the BMX equipment and submit a report.

ENVIRONMENT & PROJECTS

The grounds maintenance contracts for 2017-2018 will be discussed at F & GP.

Cllrs. Nye & Greenwood are progressing the plans for new WC facilities.

Cllr. Greenwood suggested further discussions to consider etching 100 above the chalk cross to commemorate the end of the first world war in 1918.

The handyman will assist in reinstalling the dog bins throughout the parish.

TOURISM & WEB-SITE

Cllrs. Nye and Smith-Essex are organising the uniformity of information on the web-site.

Falcon will be asked to ensure the secure domain name is in place and the site is ready to go live in spring in readiness for the tourist season.  An information leaflet may also be printed for distribution to the businesses throughout the village.

EDUCATION

The recent visit to Swadelands was a useful exercise and Cllrs. were pleased to report many improvements in both discipline and school facilities.

HAMLETS

Cllr. Smith-Essex reported excessive litter along the Forstal Road at Lenham Heath.

It is expected the upgraded broadband facilities from BT should be available from March at Lenham Heath.

 

16/124               REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE MEETINGS

                        Cllr. Greenwood reported attending Harrietsham PC meeting, he noted the precept was expected to be considerably increased.

.

16/125               FINANCE

  1. To authorize payments (Details of payments to be tabled). Cheque no:           Amount

                        Focus Magazine.  LPC advert                                                             4699                226.80

Commercial Services.  Landscape grounds maintenance                     4700               8903.39

M Sherwood. Computer service                                                         4701                120.00

Jen Contractors.  January Litter/WCs.                                     4702                720.00

Chris Hill. Handyman services.                                                          4703                460.00

Sign of The Times Ltd.  Finger posts.                                     4704               3436.44

Salaries & expenses detailed as Appendix A and filed with a signed copy of these minutes.

  1. To note receipt of income (Details of income to be tabled)

KCC.  Grant for finger post.                                                                                       2442.00

Locality Groundwork. Grant for NHP                                                                        9000.00

Marson Co. Grant of Easement.                                                                                10000.00

 

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Scrivens seconded and it was RESOLVED to make the payments.  Cllrs. Osborne and Cockett signed the cheques on behalf of LPC.

3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

16/126               BUDGET RECOMMENDATIONS & PRECEPT REQUIREMENTS

Cllrs. discussed the concerns relating to possible financial caps (as applied to county and borough councils) being applied to parish council finances, in the next eighteen months to two years.  Whilst the normal annual parish running costs are taken from precept monies and MBC grants, the amounts received has diminished significantly and the local government tax support of £2,989 will be withdrawn.  The parish service scheme has been extended for one year and will be reviewed and possibly withdrawn from 2018.

 

Therefore, the budget recommendations for ongoing improvement projects and extra works taken on by the parish due to cuts from county and borough budgets, will not be fully covered by precept monies as at 2016 – 2017 amount.

 

The values for the council tax base and the provisional allocation of local tax support to Lenham Parish Council for 2017 – 2018 financial year is 1,402.8.

 

Cllrs. unanimously agreed and it was RESOLVED to submit a Parish Precept requirement under the Local Government Finance Act 1992 of £72 which would raise £101,000.

Cllr. Greenwood (Chairman) and Mrs M McFarlane (Clerk) signed the precept demand form to request the 2017/18 funding from MBC.

 

Cllr. Scrivens requested that the precept details are advertised. Cllr. Cockett agreed to prepare a draft article for inclusion in the Focus magazine and LPC web-site.

 

 

16/127                 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED (For information only)

A request for the plants to be ordered for the parish planters was received.

As previously agreed the Clerk will contact the grower and order the plants.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The meeting closed at 10.00pm

LPC Meeting Minutes 1st February 2017
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)