LPC Meeting 7th November 2018 LPC General, LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE LENHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 HELD ON THE 7thNOVEMBER 2018IN THE OSBORNE ROOM AT THE COMMUNITY CENTRE AT 7.30pm

 

PRESENT   Cllr.R Greenwood, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Ballard, J Britt, M Cockett, C Huggens, S Knowles, M Michaelas, N Osborne,

P Scrivens & A Walmsley. Cllr. F Stanley representing Harrietsham Parish Council.

Mrs. M McFarlane (Clerk & RFO)  5 Members of the public.

 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION                                                                                                     (7.30pm – 7.50pm)

PCSO J Boyd reported that overall the village was generally quiet during the Halloween and November 5thevents. Extra visits to the BMX park and play areas were undertaken.

A resident reported street lighting issues at Cherry Close remain unresolved. Cllr. J Sams is dealing with the situation and requesting all the lights are repaired asap.

County Cllr. S Prendergast will chase up the NHP response from KCC. The Platts Heath action group for highways are progressing with issues relating to speed limit implementation to present to the Joint Transport Board.  Cllr. Prendergast is aware of the safety concerns and snagging issues relating to the improvement works on the A20 and Faversham Road junction and will be chasing for the Traffic Regulation Order to reduce the speed to 50mph east and west of the junction, she will also endeavour to ensure outstanding works including the splinter island outside the Paddocks development are completed in a timely manner.

Cllr. Greenwood stressed that going forward the importance of informative, clear and concise conditions for future traffic control on development sites, are enforced by the planning authorities.

The Chairman thanked Cllr. F Stanley from HPC and the members of the public for attending this evening. The meeting opened at 7.45pm.

 

18/75     APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE RECEIVED

The Council accepted apologies for absence from Cllrs. P Culver, A Ratcliffe & B Ryan.

Community Warden M Sherwood (Borough Cllr. T Sams received following the meeting)

 

18/76     TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS

Declarations of Interest on Agenda items. No declarations received.

Declarations to changes to the Register of Interests.  No declarations received.

Requests for dispensations.  No requests received.

 

18/77     TO REQUEST NOTIFICATION

The Chairman requested notification of intention to film, photograph or record any items.

No notification received.

 

18/78     TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Cllr. M Michaelas proposed, Cllr. J Britt seconded, and it was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 3rdOctober 2018 are a true record and were approved and adopted.

 

18/79     PROGRESS OF RESOLUTIONS(For information purposes only)

A joint meeting of Harrietsham PC & LPC will be organised with Kent Police in the new year.

 

18/80    NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN REPORT

Possible inclusion in the plan of the proposals for a small development at the sandpit site in Sandway, which at present is deemed unsustainable, are being further discussed with MBC.

A meeting on the 28thNovember will discuss the MBC responses to the NHP plan Regulation 14.

A future works schedule presented by the NHP consultant will be budgeted for as the plan may not be complete until late 2019. Sibley Pares are employed as advisors for the William Pitt Field project,

which has several options, one being the provision of a small development of local needs housing.

Discussions with adjacent land owners to the field will be undertaken to discover all options.

The importance of the NHP group and the council members communicating as one united voice and not contradicting one another was discussed. Cllr. Cockett suggested all email correspondence concerning the plan, should first be sent to the Clerk and the NHP consultant before being forwarded. It was agreed unanimously that all NHP correspondence will follow this route.

Cllr. Osborne awaits the consultation responses from stakeholders, he felt there were fewer responses than previously received. The consultation closes 12thNovember. A site viability study will be undertaken, quotes will be sought for the costs.

 

18/81    TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES MEETING

The recommendation for the surface improvement works at Ham Lane play area were agreed.

Cllr. Knowles will progress the works.

The viability of the BMX equipment repair or replace options will be discussed.

Cllr. M Ballard proposed, Cllr. N Osborne seconded, and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meeting of the 17thOctober 2018 be approved and adopted.

 

18/82     TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETINGS

Cllr. Walmsley ran through the plans received, no questions were raised.

The committee have objected to the parking proposals at the Lenham School in Ham Lane during construction of the new science block.  An offer of possible extra land to widen the access road to the allotments will be investigated further, the extra width required for two-way traffic is two metres.

Cllrs. Walmsley, Ratcliffe and Osborne will meet with MBC for pre-planning advice concerning the proposed nursery and new sports facilities.

Cllr. M Ballard proposed, Cllr. C Huggens seconded, and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meetings on the 17thOctober and 5thNovember 2018 be approved and adopted.

 

18/83     TO RECEIVE REPORTS FROM COUNCIL SPOKEPERSONS

Cllr. Michaelas reported the annual CCTV service has been completed for the Square.

Cllr. Knowles met with a representative from Playspaces to discuss the cost of upgrading the play equipment and play surfaces at the Cherry Close play area.

Cllr. Britt will produce a draft emergency plan for discussion at the December F & GP meeting.

Cllr. Michaelas has raised funds towards a poppy memorial to be placed on the Cross.

Cllr. Walmsley suggested items for inclusion in the KCC highways wish list, he and Cllr. Scrivens are working with the Platts Heath action group to improve speeding issues through the hamlet.

Cllr. Stanley reported HPC were also concerned about speeding issues, although the extension of the 40mph zone on the A20 may help alongside the extensive highway improvement projects.

 

18/83     CONTINUED

Cllr. Osborne recommended the hedge at the picnic site should be cut down to a height of 7ft in January, Cllr. Osborne will liaise with Down to Earth contractors to confirm final details.

Cllr. Huggens  reported the allotment holders are prepared to cut back the brambles on the debris in the corner of the car park to ease the task of clearing the site

Cllr. Osborne will ask if the Christmas lights along the Limes could be higher?

 

18/84     REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE MEETINGS

Cllr. Ballard attended the HPC October meeting, he reported on parking havoc at the recently opened

Co-op store and parking chaos at the primary school in West Street.

Concerns were raised about the lack of street sweepers especially on rural lanes.

 

18/85     FINANCE

  1. a) To authorize payments (Details of payments to be tabled). Cheque no:                Amount

Lenham Community Centre. Room hire July – September.                  4962                           208.00

Lenham Community Centre Young at Heart Grant.                              4963                           350.00

Made by Falcon. Web-site service. November web-site.                       4964                             60.00

PMC Planning. NHP consultancy September.                                       4965                        3600.00

Lenham Wanderers FC. WPF grounds work.                                        4966                           638.60

Chris Hill. Village handyman landscape work.                                      4967                           818.00

Peter Brett Assoc: Transport survey October.                                       4968                      19558.33

Jen Contractors. WCs cleaning, dog bins & litter October.                   4969                           912.00

Amiga Fire & Security Ltd. Monthly maintenance. November.            4970                             54.00

Southern Electric. Allotment site power.                                               4971                             44.78

R James & Sons Fencing. Fence repairs footpath Ham Lane.              4972                           330.00

Business Stream. WCs water Mar-Oct.                                                  4973                           471.13

M McFarlane. Admin costs. Oct.                                                           4974                           168.61

Void Cheque.                                                                                          4975                               0.00

PMC Planning. NHP October.                                                              4976                        2400.00

Salaries & expenses detailed as Appendix A and are filed with a signed copy of these minutes.

To note receipt of income (Details of income to be tabled)

Lenham Cemetery fees                                                                         840.00

Maidstone Borough Council Parish Scheme                                      5243.20

NatWest bank interest                                                                           22.76

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Cockett seconded, and it was RESOLVED to make the payments.

Cllrs. Scrivens and Osborne signed the cheques on behalf of Lenham Parish Council.

 

b)Grant Applications

Cllr. Britt proposed, Cllr. Ballard seconded, and it was RESOLVED to grant £300 to improve the Lenham Christmas Lights.

 

18/86     CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED(For information only)

A concerned resident highlighted the lack of a regular maintenance plan for the memorial Cross.

A request that if the village sign at Faversham Road is replaced, the original be returned to the family of the parishioner who designed the sign.

 

The meeting closed at 9.20pm

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
LPC Meeting 7th November 2018
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)