LPC Meeting 6th January 2016 LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

PRESENT        Cllr. R Greenwood, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Ballard, M Cockett, P Culver, K Lapwood, J Nye,

N Osborne, P Scrivens, & H Shotter.

M McFarlane (Clerk) Borough Cllrs. J Sams & T Sams.

County Cllr. J Whittle.

Community Warden M Sherwood. PCSO J Boyd.

Cllr. E Powell representing Harrietsham Parish Council

2 Members of the public.

 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

PCSO J Boyd reported the crime figures for December (six in total) and alerted parishioners to a rogue

trader operating in Lenham, he requested any concerns relating to fraudulent activities should be reported to

the Police as soon as possible. (telephone 101)

The Community Warden reiterated the importance of not hiring services or purchasing goods from door step callers. Details of contact numbers of agencies offering support and advice concerning scams and rogue trading issues will be in the Focus magazine.

Borough Cllrs. J & T Sams gave a report concerning ongoing negotiations to improve the pedestrian access to the railway station from Robins Avenue.  Overgrown trees from Swadelands infringing on pathways and lighting are causing concern for residents at Cherry Close.  Cllr. Greenwood will discuss the concerns further at the next school governors meeting and report back.

Reoccurring problems with the faulty street lights along the footpath between Old Ashford Road and the Community Centre site, will be reported to KCC with a request for investigative action.

County Cllr. J Whittle reported on substantial increased funding cuts and the need to protect front line services. A meeting organised for Monday 11th January with Boughton Malherbe and LPC Cllrs. will discuss extra HGV highway signage.  Cllr. Shotter enquired about member grant funding, an application form will be sent to the Clerk.

 

The Chairman opened the meeting at 7.46pm & welcomed Cllr. E Powell from Harrietsham Parish Council.

 The Chairman requested notification to the council if anyone intends to film, photograph, or record any items.  Members of the public should not be filmed.  No notifications received.

 

15/79

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

The Council accepted the reason for apology for absence from: Cllr. M Jerrett (unwell)

 

15/80               

DECLARATIONS

Declarations of changes to the Register of Interests.  None were declared.

Declarations of Interest on Agenda items.  Cllr. N Osborne declared an interest in 15/83A

Requests for dispensations.  No requests received.

 

15/81               

CO-OPTION TO COUNCIL

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Scrivens seconded and it was RESOLVED to co-opt

Alastair Walmsley as a member of the council.

Mr. Walmsley signed the declaration of acceptance and was welcomed to join the Parish Council by the Chairman.

 

15/82               

MINUTES

The minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on the 2nd December 2015 were confirmed as a true record and it was RESOLVED that they be approved and adopted.

 

15/83               

MATTERS ARISING

15/83A Community Centre Trust Deed.

The proposed change from an un-incorporated trust deed to a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) was discussed.  The LPC solicitor has withdrawn from the proceedings due to a possible issue concerning conflict of interest.  The expected cost of taking further legal advice by instructing Ian Davison from Wellers Law Group is quoted at £3,000.

Cllr. Scrivens proposed, Cllr. Walmsley seconded and it was RESOLVED to instruct Ian Davison to continue the legal negotiations on behalf of LPC up to £3,000 expenditure.

Cllr. Osborne requested a meeting with Cllr. Greenwood, the date and time to be agreed.

 

15/83B Speed Monitoring Equipment.

Cllr. Shotter has researched choices and costs of mobile speed monitoring equipment.

Quotes (approximately £2,300) will be considered for inclusion in the budget at the meeting on the 9th January and discussed at the F & GP meeting on the 20th January.

 

15/84               

REPORTS & COMMITTEES/SPOKESPERSONS

A                      Finance & General Purposes.    Report by Cllr. Greenwood

Cllr. Cockett has secured the funding for Neighbourhood Plan costs up to the end of this financial year 31st March of £4,995.  A second application will be submitted for approximately £3,000 to cover further costs in the next financial year.  Cllr. Ballard will submit the second application on behalf of LPC.   

 

B                      Planning & Neighbourhood Plan.  Reports

Cllr. Shotter reported on NHP progress, the plan will be presented to MBC and followed by

Regulation 14 formal six-week consultation period. It is hoped the plan referendum will be held during September 2016. Cllr. Cockett emphasized the importance of ensuring the coherent message of the plan was widely promoted and circulated using all the media coverage available.  The NHP steering group has proved to be an asset and under the guidance of Sandy MacKenzie (NHP Chairman) produced a plan which identified suitable sites for proposed developments, whilst attempting to protect the areas in front of the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. (AONB) from development.

Cllr. Cockett raised concerns relating to the validity of the recent technical data measuring the noise level expected from air conditioning units at the Co-op building.  Further discussion will take place at the next planning committee meeting (20th January)

Cllr. Shotter highlighted parishioners’ concerns about development at Glebe Gardens and how building on the land close to the pond may affect the area.  Cllr. Culver has reservations about future flooding issues.

It was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meeting on 16th December 2015 be approved and adopted.

 

C                      Highways & Transportation.   Report by Cllr. Scrivens

The floodlights in the Maidstone Road car park have been replaced and are now fully operational.

The Faversham Road/A20 junction upgrade has been finalized by KCC Highways.  The remit does not include the provision of signage for the cemetery or footpath.  Once the site position and number of signs required is agreed, quotes will be sought.

Sandway cross roads vegetation has been cut back by the resident as requested by KCC.

Cllr. Culver reported the footpath to the rail station is in need of repair. British Rail will be contacted to ask for repairs to be undertaken.

 

D                      Law & Order.  CCTV Report by Cllr. Culver

A meeting with the CCTV providers and Rev.Venn to discuss the coverage of the Square will be organised.  The William Pitt field and Ham Lane cameras are fully operational.

 

E                      Web-site Development Report by Cllr. Culver

KCC option to develop a parish web-site will be available and training offered.

Falcon continue to upload to the site on a monthly basis.

 

F                      Environment Reports

Jen Contractors are able to offer a daily litter picking service.  Cllr. Culver proposed, Cllr. Scrivens seconded and it was RESOLVED to increase the hours per week to cover daily litter picking throughout the village.  A review will take place in April.

Cllr. Shotter reported the ‘pay back’ team have two more sessions at the cemetery to undertake project improvements.  Three quotes for rabbit proof fencing will be discussed at the budget meeting (9th January)

Proposed planting alongside the Ashmill Business Park on the south side of the A20 and at Hubbards Hill, will be undertaken in August and September, following funding applications and appropriate cultivation licenses being granted.

 

15/85               

REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE MEETINGS

Cllr. Powell (HPC) reported on the planning appeal at Court Lodge Road Harrietsham. He suggested HPC and LPC could discuss planning issues and appeal procedures. Cllr. Osborne met with landowners and reported on possible increased development land availability south of the railway.

 

15/86                   

KALC/RURAL KENT/CPRE

Cllr. Shotter will attend a CPRE function 7th January and report back next month.

 

15/87

ACCOUNTS

Cheques for consideration and payment 6th January 2016

OCS Group Ltd.  WCs duty of care.                                       4560                33.70

Mark Sherwood. MS computer services                                 4561                45.00

Jen Contractors Ltd December WCs cleaning/Litter                4562                372.00

Lenham Parish Hall Committee. Room hire.  Oct – Dec         4563                220.00

Designscape NHP works November.                                     4564             1,236.00

Salaries & expenses detailed as Appendix A and filed with a signed copy of these minutes.

 

Monies received

Lenham Parish Hall Committee. Solar panel installation.                             2,000.00

A & A Barr Farms. Solar panel installation.                                                3,811.29

Cemetery fees.                                                                                                 770.00

Parish Service Scheme. (paid in full)                                                           2,389.00

 

15/88               

CORRESPONDENCE

Cllr. Greenwood requested Cllrs. give some thought to which committees they wish to join.

A structure of improvement projects throughout the parish will require Cllr. input.

Funding requirements to be discussed at the budget meeting (9th January)

Cllrs. will meet with MBC to discuss improvements to the Square at 11am on Monday 11th January, followed by a meeting at 1.30pm with J Whittle to discuss HGV signage options.

The meeting closed at 9.32pm

LPC Meeting 6th January 2016
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)