LPC Meeting 3rd July 2019 LPC General, LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

 PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES 

 MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE LENHAM PARISH COUNCIL 

HELD ON THE 3rd JULY 2019 AT 7.30pm IN THE COMMUNITY CENTRE 

PRESENT Cllr. R Greenwood, Chairman presiding. 

Cllrs. M Ballard, J Britt, M Lowe, M Michaelas (from 8pm), N Osborne, A Ratcliffe, 

P Scrivens, & A Walmsley, M McFarlane (Clerk & RFO) 3 Members of the public. 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION (7.30pm – 7.50pm) 

A resident requested the list of roles and responsibilities of Parish Councillors be advertised on the notice board and website. The Clerk confirmed the list was now complete and will be advertised accordingly. 

The same resident also enquired if there will be a public consultation about the decisions to be taken concerning the WCs in Maidstone Road? The Chairman confirmed a consultation would be undertaken in due course following further investigation. 

Cllr. P Scrivens confirmed the railing on Old Ashford Road should be reinstalled this month. 

PCSO J Boyd read out the latest crime report and outlined issues relating to thefts from building sites, distraction theft, and shop lifting. He also confirmed he is keeping a watching brief on groups of youths congregating locally. Anti-social behaviour by a local youth identified by CCTV led to the youth being spoken with and his parent informed, as requested by the LPC Chairman. Cllr. J Britt reported Kent Youth Service now provide a youth club at Harrietsham village hall. Cllr. A Ratcliffe suggested a coordinated approach to sharing CCTV usage between the transport police and LPC from the station to the Square. 

Cllr. A Walmsley thanked PCSO J Boyd for organising speed camera coverage on the A20 at the BP garage. 

The Community Warden reported visiting the William Pitt field after a resident raised concerns about a youth starting a fire; he contacted Kent Fire & Rescue for details of the Fire Setters course, for future reference, and possible referral if the youth can be identified. The MBC Civic Warden and Community Warden continue to stencil dog fouling areas to highlight the problem. The Warden holds an open surgery on Tuesday morning in the Lenham library and at Harrietsham village hall on Friday morning, he welcomes residents to pop in to confidentially discuss any concerns they may have. 

Cllr. R Greenwood reported receiving a telephone scam concerning a specious visa card withdrawal. 

Cllr. N Osborne raised concerns that rather than simply speaking with youths suspected of anti-social behaviour, he recommended in the first instance reporting to the police. 

The Chairman thanked the members of the public for attending and opened the meeting at 8pm. 

19/40 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE RECEIVED 

The Council accepted apologies for absence from Cllrs. M Cockett & C Huggens. 

Borough Cllr. T Sams, County Cllr. S Prendergast. 

19/41 TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS 

Declarations of Interest on Agenda items. No declarations received. 

Declarations to changes to the Register of Interests. No declarations received. 

Requests for dispensations. No requests received. 

19/42 TO REQUEST NOTIFICATION 

The Chairman requested notification of intention to film, photograph or record any items. 

No notification received. 1 PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES 

19/43 TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 

Cllr. M Ballard proposed, Cllr. J Britt seconded, and it was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday 5th June 2019 are a true record and were approved, adopted and signed by the Chairman of Lenham Parish Council. 

19/44 PROGRESS OF RESOLUTIONS (For information purposes only) 

The increase of cemetery fees as agreed on the 5th June have been implemented, advertised on the LPC website, and circulated to the offices of local Funeral Directors and Memorial Stonemasons. 

19/45 NURSERY SCHOOL QUOTES FOR ACCESS CLARIFICATION AND LEASE AGREEMENT 

Cllr. R Greenwood reported meeting with Sibley Pares to discuss a commercial valuation of the site and a heads of terms agreement for the proposed nursery school lease. 

Cllr. R Greenwood proposed, Cllr. M Ballard seconded, and it was RESOLVED to instruct J C White to produce a composite boundary plan, for clarification of the measurement of the site access road. 

19/46 MAIDSTONE ROAD CAR PARK PROJECT 

Cllr. R Greenwood will progress the negotiations with R B Plant to provide extra parking facilities and clarify the costs associated with preparing and leasing the site. 

A meeting will be organised with Baxhall construction to discuss options for possible community project assistance. Cllrs. A Walmsley, A Ratcliffe & P Scrivens will attend on behalf of the council. 

19/47 REOPEN OR PERMANENTLY CLOSE THE WCs 

Following discussions about the improvement options to the facilities, it was agreed that a sub-committee will be formed. Cllrs. M Ballard, R Greenwood, J Britt, M Michaelas and A Ratcliffe, will meet and report back with recommendations to council members. 

19/48 REFURBISHMENT OF THE RED TELEPHONE BOX 

Cllr. J Britt proposed, Cllr. M Michaelas seconded and it was RESOLVED to refurbish the red telephone box in the Square as per the quote £300 plus materials. 

19/49 ANNUAL GRANT APPLICATIONS 

The Clerk will request more details from the Community Gym so the request can be reconsidered. 

Cllr. N Osborne requested an application form to apply towards the costs of the defibrillator. 

19/50 TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES MEETING 

The Platts Heath highway improvement project was discussed and it was agreed to itemise the cost of each of the individual sections, to identify the funding required in excess of the contributions from County Cllr. S Prendergast and Borough Cllr. T Sams. 

Cllr. J Britt reported on the consultation thus far regarding the proposed new equipment at the William Pitt field, he has spoken with youth workers and submitted an article to the Focus magazine. 

Cllr. J Britt required agreement for a schedule of works to improve the Cross, working with the Community Payback team, all agreed to the council funding the materials needed. 

Cllr. N Osborne requested that his apologies were noted, as they were not on the minutes. 

Cllr. J Britt proposed, Cllr. M Ballard seconded, and it was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting held on the 19th June 2019 are a true record, approved, adopted and signed by 

Cllr. A Walmsley Chairman presiding of the Finance & General Purposes Committee. 

19/51 TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETINGS 

Cllr. A Walmsley reported the applications received; no questions were raised. 

Cllr. M Ballard will represent LPC at the MBC planning meeting on 25th July, regarding the 

Paddock development request to release six properties for habitation, before the installation of a ghost island on the Ashford Road (A20) and the Traffic Reduction Order (TRO) is adopted. 

Cllr. M Ballard reported his request to the Len Valley surgery that a system error which prevented referrals to the NHS patient choice be investigated and corrected. 

Cllr. A Walmsley highlighted an application for development at the sandpits at Sandway which will be discussed on July 17th Cllr. comments can be sent to the planning committee for discussion. 

Cllr. M Ballard proposed, Cllr. J Britt seconded, and it was RESOLVED that the minutes of the meetings held on 19th June & 1st July 2019 are a true record and the recommendations were approved, adopted and signed by the Chairman of the Planning Committee. 

19/52 NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN REPORT 

To ensure the proposed new improved sports facilities at East Lenham, which will replace the present facilities at William Pitt field, are delivered in a sequential order, the council will need to take further advice on compliance with Sport England criteria. An outline planning application for housing on the William Pitt field, the proceeds from which will fund the new sports facilities, including possible indoor sports courts will be investigated further. Lenham Wanderers football club officials will be included in decisions concerning the proposed football facilities. Cllrs. agreed to forward the project. 

It is intended to submit Regulation 16 to MBC for consultation by the end of August. 

Cllr. M Cockett has submitted a request for funding contributions towards NHP technical assistance. 

Following MBC schedule of requirements there may be additional costs re: landscape designation. 

An Infrastructure Delivery Group meeting is scheduled on the 9th July. Preferential projects for S106 monies for improvements throughout the parish will be recommended. For the road widening at Old Ham Lane, which includes a new access road to the William Pitt Field, a conditional contract with Countryside will be considered. Cllrs. agreed to continue negotiations to progress the project. 

19/53 TO RECEIVE REPORTS FROM COUNCIL SPOKESPERSONS INCLUDING OUTSIDE MEETINGS. 

Cllr. M Lowe requested and Cllrs. agreed emergency repairs to the play equipment at Ham Lane be undertaken as soon as possible. Cllr. M Lowe will investigate quotes for replacement fencing, monies to fund improvements are available from S106. 

Cllr. A Ratcliffe has submitted an article to Focus reporting the REME memorial service held at the Lenham cemetery, which was well attended. The refurbished entrance gates to the cemetery sponsored by the REME are superb. 

Cllr. A Ratcliffe reported the damage to the roof at the Lenham Wanderers building will require repairs and replacement tiles, quotes will be sought. 

Cllr. M Michaelas reported following thefts from shops in the Square, the Community Warden is assisting in setting up a ‘Business Watch’ scheme, to keep retailers swiftly informed and alerted to any incidences relating to suspicious/criminal activity. 

Cllr. N Osborne confirmed the excess wood from the hedge cutting at the Cherry Downs picnic site is being dealt with by a neighbouring landowner. 

Cllr. R Greenwood confirmed the tree trunk from the William Pitt Field will be made into benches. 

19/54 FINANCE 

a) To authorize payments (Details of payments to be tabled). Cheque no: Amount 

Made by Falcon. Web-site service for June. 5075 60.00 

L Robbins Internal Auditor fees. 5076 100.00 

M McFarlane. Office expenses/planters. 5077 202.19 

P McCreery. PMC Planning NHP April/May fees. 5078 2,400.00 

Down to Earth June works. 5079 1,453.00 

Aspen Tree Services. William Pitt field Ash tree removal. 5080 1,020.00 

Jen Contractors. Dog bins & litter picking. June. 5081 756.00 

Amiga Security. CCTV maintenance June/July. 5082 108.00 

Glasdon UK Ltd. New dog bin for Lenham Heath. 5083 263.07 

Salaries & expenses are detailed as Appendix A and are filed with a signed copy of these minutes. 

To note receipt of income (Details of income to be tabled) No monies received. 

Cllr. R Greenwood proposed, Cllr. A Ratcliffe seconded, and it was RESOLVED to make the payments. 

Cllrs. P Scrivens and N Osborne signed the cheques on behalf of Lenham Parish Council. 

b) To receive the report of the Internal Auditor for 2018-2019 Accounts 

Cllrs. received the report produced by the Internal Auditor, issues raised will be discussed by the Finance and General Purposes Committee members with recommendations made to the council for consideration concerning future budget setting procedures. 

19/55 CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED 

No correspondence to report. 

The meeting closed at 10.10pm 

 

LPC Meeting 3rd July 2019
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)