LPC Meeting 2nd August 2017 LPC General, LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE LENHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 HELD ON THE 2nd AUGUST 2017 IN THE OSBORNE ROOM AT THE COMMUNITY CENTRE AT 7.30pm

 

PRESENT   Cllr. R Greenwood, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Ballard, M Cockett, C Huggens, N Osborne, P Scrivens, J Smith-Essex & A Walmsley.

Cllr. F Stanley representing Harrietsham council. Mrs. M McFarlane (Clerk) 5 Members of the public.

 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION                                                                                            (7.30pm – 7.50pm)

Cllrs. confirmed the removal of the cycle racks in the Square was due to the lack of use of the facility.

A resident requested the forth coming Neighbourhood Plan consultation event was widely advertised using the Focus, notice boards and social media.  The NHP group will issue maps and draft plan documents at the consultation day 16th September at the primary school.

The Community Warden stressed the importance of contacting the police (for non-emergency) on 101 as soon as possible following crimes. Telephone scams can be identified on the web-site who-called.co.uk.

Following vandalism at the William Pitt field extra patrols are being undertaken. The new PCSO will be contacting the council this month.

A resident from Lenham Heath reported a dangerous bend with a blind spot which would benefit from a safety mirror being installed on the verge side, he was also concerned about speeding issues in the area.

Cllrs. will speak with KCC to identify funding options and permissions needed to install a roadside mirror.

The Chairman thanked Cllr. Stanley & members of the public for attending & opened the meeting at 8.00pm

 

17/44     APOLOGIES & APPROVAL OF ABSENCES

The Council accepted the reason for apology for absence from:

Cllrs. P Culver (holiday) E Gee & J Nye (family commitment)

Cllr. M Michaelas (work commitment) Borough Cllrs. J & T Sams (family commitment)

County Cllr. S Prendergast (holiday)

 

17/45    TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS

Declarations to changes to the Register of Interests.  No declarations received.

Declarations of Interest on Agenda items.  No declarations received.

Requests for dispensations.  No requests received.

 

17/46      TO REQUEST NOTIFICATION

The Chairman requested notification of intention to film, photograph or record any items.

No notifications received.

                                                                                                                           

17/47    TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Cllr. Smith-Essex proposed, Cllr. Ballard seconded and it was RESOLVED that the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on the 5th July 2017 are a true record and were approved and adopted.

 

17/48      PROGRESS OF RESOLUTIONS (For information purposes only)

To be discussed under agenda headings.

 

17/49    NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN 2017

Cllr. Greenwood invited Cllrs. to be involved and fully aware of the detail in the plan in readiness for the public consultation on 16th September. Polices and a plan of the development sites and green spaces will be available at the F & GP meeting on the 16th August. A full and informed discussion with all landowners, developers and stakeholders has taken place over several months, to prepare a concise draft plan for presentation and feedback from the public consultation event. The plan will show the allocated sites for the 1000 dwellings, as requested by the Planning Inspector, to be developed from 2021-2031. Cllr. Smith-Essex suggested a short video explaining the plan for digital media would be advantageous.

 

17/50    ALLOTMENTS & GREEN SPACES

Interest has been registered to St John Ambulance of the intention of the LPC to purchase the entire site at Ham Lane, continuing use as allotments with possible community use for the north section.

Cllr. Greenwood will register the LPC interest through the land agents.

Cllr. Scrivens proposed and Cllr. Huggens seconded and it was RESOLVED to submit a planning application for the removal of the trees to the rear of the Community Centre and Groom Way.

Cllr. Ballard will investigate land registry to establish the Paddock site ownership as permission will be required to access the site for tree works.

Glebe pond tree clearing has been started by the land owners, a watching brief will be undertaken by councillors to ensure the site is handed over, as a community asset to LPC on completion of the development south of the pond.

 

17/51    JUNCTION WORKS AT FAVERSHAM ROAD/A20 UPDATE

Cllr. Cockett reported the traffic survey from two years ago highlighted excess speeds on the A20.

KCC Highways will carry out a safety audit to monitor the effectiveness of the junction.

Harrietsham PC are interested in working with LPC on a joint Speedwatch initiative.

 

17/52    TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES MEETING

Cllr. Walmsley confirmed the site meeting to discuss the proposed platform at the junction of Ham Lane and the High Street will take place on September 20th.

Cllr. Osborne proposed, Cllr. Walmsley seconded and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meeting of the 19th July 2017 be approved and adopted.

                                                                                         

17/53    TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETINGS

The appeal at Loder Close has been withdrawn. The NHP consultant will advise on Ham Lane appeal.  The development at Parapet field will provide a site car park for contractors, enabling works are being undertaken.  Cllrs. will meet with KCC to discuss the temporary obstructions policy for A boards on pavements.

Cllr. Cockett proposed, Cllr. Huggens seconded and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meetings on the 19th and 31st July 2017

be approved and adopted.

 

17/54     TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL SPOKEPERSONS

Cllr. Smith-Essex confirmed the improved broadband facilities were completed in Lenham Heath, however, there were now some problems with the telephone system.  Virgin media have put on hold the installation of fiber-optic facilities for the parish. Cllr. Scrivens is discussing concerns relating to overgrown hedges in Maidstone Road with KCC.

 

17/55     REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE MEETINGS

Cllr. Greenwood reported the meeting with Lenham School, to discuss the future use of the Activate Gym facility by members of the public, was under threat due to budget restrictions. LPC are not able to subsidize the gym.

Cllr. Osborne reported the presentation opening meeting of the Lenham Meadows Trust was well attended, the charity registration number is awaited. A presentation of the aims of the trust will be provided at the NHP public consultation on September 16th.

 

17/56    FINANCE

a) To authorize payments (Details of payments to be tabled).     Cheque no:               Amount

Lenham Community Centre. Room hire.  April – June                           4768                        326.50

PMC Planning. NHP consultancy fees for June                                     4769                       2400.00

Home Design Network.  WCs drawings/ plan advice                 4770                        950.00

Amiga Fire & Security Ltd. CCTV Maidstone Rd. carpark                    4771                       1326.00

Jen Contractors. WCs cleaning, dog bins & litter. June & July               4772                       1824.00

Wicksteed Leisure Ltd. Ham Lane play park gate repairs                        4773                        574.80

Lotus Design Ltd. NHP consultation advertising materials.                    4774                         263.40

OCS Group Ltd. Duty of care WCs                                                        4775                           38.70

Chris Hill Down to Earth.  Ground work/handyman duties                    4776                         460.00

M McFarlane.  Petty cash payments June & July                                   4777                           96.90

Mr. P Goodwin.  Skate ramp repairs.                                                     4778                        285.00

Commercial Services.  Grounds maintenance half year account.             4779                       2509.24

Salaries & expenses detailed as Appendix A and filed with a signed copy of these minutes.

 

Cllr. Ballard proposed, Cllr. Osborne seconded and it was RESOLVED to start the monthly CCTV maintenance account payments.

b) To note receipt of income (Details of income to be tabled) No monies received.

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Cockett seconded and it was RESOLVED to make the payments. Cllrs. Scrivens and Osborne signed the cheques on behalf of LPC.

c) Lenham Christmas lights funding

Following discussions about the importance of supporting the popular village event, Cllr. Walmsley proposed, Cllr. Cockett seconded and it was RESOLVED to provide a grant of £500.

d) HSBC mandate signatories. Cllrs. Ballard and Huggens will resolve issues with reopening the account.

 

17/57    CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED (For information only)

Confirmation of receipt of letter from the Bow Window concerning change of licence issues.

Cllr. Stanley (HPC) highlighted litter problems from new food outlet at Texaco garage.

 

The meeting closed at 9.55pm                                      3

LPC Meeting 2nd August 2017
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)