Lenham Parish Council Meeting Minutes 5th July 2017 LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE LENHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 HELD ON THE 5th JULY 2017 IN THE OSBORNE ROOM AT THE COMMUNITY CENTRE AT 7.30pm

 

PRESENT        Cllr. R Greenwood, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Ballard, M Cockett, P Culver, E Gee, M Michaelas,

J Nye, N Osborne, P Scrivens, J Smith-Essex & A Walmsley.

Mrs. M McFarlane (Clerk) 5 Members of the public.

 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION                                                                                  (7.30pm – 7.50pm)

An allotment holder confirmed the continuation of the water supply to the site during the sale process. The plight of House Martins was discussed, an approach to Southern Water for alternative habitat provision was suggested.  The Chairman thanked the two parishioners present who had helped to clean the cross and refurbished the seat.

A resident reported the overhanging branches of the trees on the boundary of the Cricket field in Ham Lane were causing an obstruction to vehicles.  Cllr. Scrivens will inform KCC Highways.

The Community warden reported two fly tipping incidences. He highlighted concerns that rogue traders were operating locally, in particular, a company called One Fix Facias who had recently undertaken overpriced, shoddy, and unfinished work; as always, the advice is to not employ door to door traders and if at all suspicious call 101 immediately. Cllr. Ballard reported a hoax service being offered concerning warranty work for household electrical items.

Cllr. J Sams suggested a joint initiative with Harrietsham Parish Council to organise Speedwatch to cover both parishes, a meeting will be organised to further the project.

 

The Chairman thanked the members of the public for attending and opened the meeting at 7.50pm.

 

17/31                APOLOGIES & APPROVAL OF ABSENCES

The Council accepted the reason for apology for absence from:

Cllr. C Huggens (holiday) County Cllr. S Prendergast (prior commitment)

 

17/32               TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS

Declarations to changes to the Register of Interests.  No declarations received.

Declarations of Interest on Agenda items.  No declarations received.

Requests for dispensations.  No requests received.

 

17/33                TO REQUEST NOTIFICATION

The Chairman requested notification of intention to film, photograph or record any items.

No notifications received.

                                                                                                                                                                           

17/34                TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Cllr. Walmsley proposed, Cllr. Ballard seconded and it was RESOLVED that the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on the 7th June 2017 are a true record and were approved and adopted.

 

17/35                PROGRESS OF RESOLUTIONS (For information purposes only)

No information submitted.

 

17/36                NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN 2017

Cllr. Cockett reported the meeting on 7th July would confirm the back bone of the new 2017 Plan.  The details will be submitted to the NHP consultant to write up a draft plan for presentation and consultation at the public open day on September 16th details to follow.

 

 

Neighbourhood Plan continued

The plan site proposals will be communicated to full council once the decisions are made.

A meeting with Lenham Wanderers FC officials will be organised during July to discuss provision of future sport facilities, if the William Pitt Field becomes unsuitable due to the possible surrounding developments.  There is a possibility of an overspend on the budget to complete the plan and extra funding may be needed from reserves.  Grant options will be researched.  Cllrs. agreed the importance of completing the plan and understood the overspend situation. Cllr. Smith-Essex will help with graphics for the plan and consultation day displays. The Chairman requested all Cllrs. get involved in supporting the Neighbourhood Plan Group and attend the consultation event.

 

17/37                ALLOTMENTS & GREEN SPACES

Negotiations to purchase the entire site at Ham Lane for allotments and community use are progressing positively following a meeting with a St John Ambulance representative.

Cllr. Osborne reported a resident in Groom Way was concerned about the tree to the rear of their property, which is the responsibility of the parish council.  The trees along the boundary between Groom Way and the Paddock are due to be removed once the new development starts, the site has been sold at auction and the new owners will be contacted.

Glebe pond improvement works will be undertaken once the owner has permission for their planning application.

Cllr. Scrivens reported the Maidstone Road car park hedges and vegetation needs cut back and the gullies cleaned. Following changes for responsibility for highway cleaning from KCC to MBC a meeting with MBC will be organised to define the cleaning schedules.

 

17/38                TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES MEETING

Cllr. Walmsley confirmed the design details of the platform will be sent to KCC for a safety audit.  Alternative quotes will be sought for the works subject to KCC guidelines.

The parking sub-committee will request a progress update from MBC concerning changes to parking spaces in the Square.

It was agreed the council would not join the Hollingbourne and Templeuve twinning committee at present due to the continuing commitment to the Neighbourhood Plan.

Cllr. Osborne proposed, Cllr. Ballard seconded and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meeting of the 21st June 2017 be approved and adopted.

                                                                                       

17/39                TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETINGS

It will be recommended to name the development at Parapet field ‘Russell Gardens’

A meeting will be organised to discuss the Activate Gym at the Lenham School.

Future planning decisions will be available as a spreadsheet which can be updated on the web site. Cllr. Smith-Essex will look at a web base system.

 

Planning continued

A letter will be sent to MBC outlining the ongoing problems with the cricket field netting.

The Clerk will make enquiries to Brett’s at Lenham Heath concerning any proposed increased traffic movements from the site.

Cllr. Ballard proposed, Cllr. Walmsley seconded and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meetings on the 21st June & 3rd July 2017 be approved and adopted.

 

17/40                TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL SPOKEPERSONS
Cllr. Scrivens confirmed the new road signs concerning large vehicles were proving effective. He will request overgrown hedges be cut back at Sandway junction.

Cllr. Smith-Essex requested a safety mirror at the junction of Crabtree Lane and Forstal Road, Cllr. Scrivens will make enquiries to KCC. The BT broadband services at Lenham Heath are complete and should be live by the end of July. Cllr. Smith-Essex reported a large tree branch had fallen on Bull Hill but was not blocking the highway.

 

17/41                REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE MEETINGS

Cllr. Osborne attended HPC meeting, a possible joint venture with Lenham to raise concerns about the lack of traffic control on the A20 will be discussed further.

Cllr. Nye attended the LVBA meeting which was well attended and had a useful speaker.

Cllr. Osborne stated the Christmas lighting committee may need council assistance.

The proposal to support the Christmas lighting committee will be an August agenda item.

 

17/42                FINANCE

  1. To authorize payments (Details of payments to be tabled). Cheque no:           Amount

Made by Falcon. Web-site service                                                      4762                   50.00

KRS Building Services Cherry Close play park repairs.                     4763                335.00

Chris Hill. Village handyman services June                                        4764                933.00

Mr P K Saunders. Pop up power repairs                                            4765                 100.00

Salaries & expenses detailed as Appendix A and filed with a signed copy of these minutes.

To note receipt of income (Details of income to be tabled)

Maidstone Borough Council Parish Service Scheme half payment                           4040.00

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Cockett seconded and it was RESOLVED to make the payments. Cllrs. Osborne and Cockett signed the cheques on behalf of LPC.

  1. b) Bank Reconciliation: Detailed as Appendix B and filed with a copy of these minutes.
  2. c) HSBC bank mandate signatories: The bank sent an incorrect mandate, therefore a new correct resolution was signed by the Chairman and Clerk. Ballard will pursue the ongoing situation to reopen the dormant accounts.

 

17/43                  CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED (For information only)

County Cllr. S Prendergast recommends meeting the council every six weeks, all agreed.

The meeting closed at 9.15pm

Lenham Parish Council Meeting Minutes 5th July 2017
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)