Lenham Parish Council Meeting 4th October 2017 LPC General, LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE LENHAM PARISH COUNCIL

 HELD ON THE 4th OCTOBER 2017 IN THE OSBORNE ROOM AT THE COMMUNITY CENTRE AT 7.30pm

 

PRESENT   Cllr. R Greenwood, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Ballard, M Cockett, P Culver, E Gee, C Huggens, M Michaelas, N Osborne, P Scrivens,

J Smith-Essex & A Walmsley.

Mrs. M McFarlane (Clerk)

1 Member of the public.

 

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION                                                                                             (7.30pm – 7.50pm)

A resident reported a street light outside the Estate Agents in the Square is on during daylight hours.

Cllr. Scrivens will report to KCC. The resident also reported broken bolts on the gent’s WC cubicles, new substantial bolts will be installed. The question was posed about the expected increased population necessitating the division of the parish by north and south wards? Cllr. Greenwood confirmed the possibility of increasing the numbers of councillors required but not necessary dividing the parish.

 

Trees overhanging the lights in the pathway from Old Ashford Road to Groom Way require cutting back.

The Clerk with establish ownership of the trees and request the trees are cut back from the lights.

 

The Community Warden submitted a report in his absence, the Clerk will post the report on the notice boards and web-site.

 

The Chairman announced the resignation of John Nye and thanked him for all his efforts during his time with the council.  There are now two vacancies for the south ward, which will be advertised.

 

The Chairman opened the meeting at 7.45pm

 

17/58     APOLOGIES & APPROVAL OF ABSENCES

The Council accepted the reason for apology for absence from:

  1. Cllr. S Prendergast, B Cllr. T Sams & Community Warden M Sherwood (previous commitments)

 

17/59    TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS

Declarations to changes to the Register of Interests.  No declarations received.

Declarations of Interest on Agenda items.  No declarations received.

Requests for dispensations.  No requests received.

 

17/60      TO REQUEST NOTIFICATION

The Chairman requested notification of intention to film, photograph or record any items.

No notifications received.

                                                                                                                           

17/61    TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

Cllr. Scrivens proposed, Cllr. Osborne seconded and it was RESOLVED that the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on the 2nd August 2017 are a true record and were approved and adopted.

 

17/62      PROGRESS OF RESOLUTIONS (For information purposes only)

To be discussed under agenda headings.

 

 

17/63    NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN CONSULATION EVENT REPORT

A successful consultation with 300+ attendees and 150 replies to questionnaires thus far, which will be analysed, and the results placed on the LPC web-site.

Overall a positive reaction to proposals for development sites, green spaces, school development and new extended sports facilities. Concerns expressed related to development in the west, traffic congestion and lack of parking.

Moving forward, to enable completion of the plan will require funding analysis to ensure future budget facilities are in place. Funding from outside bodies will be pursued.

 

17/64    PURCHASE OF THE ALLOTMENT SITE AT HAM LANE

The conclusion of the sale following the drainage searches which the solicitor has been instructed to undertake, will take place this month.  Cllrs. Greenwood and Walmsley will sign the agreement to purchase the entire site for the sum of £45,000.

An agreement with the Allotment Association will be discussed after the completion of the land sale.

 

17/65    GROOM WAY APPLICATION FOR TREE WORKS

The result of the application to fell five trees will be received 20th October.  Access to carry out the works to be agreed with developers of the site known as the paddock.

A diseased tree reported at the Glebe pond will be discussed with the landowners at the meeting on the 18th October.

 

17/66    ADOPTION OF KCC TEMPORARY OBSTRUCTIONS POLICY

Following the meeting with KCC it was agreed ownership of the Square will need to be established.

Cllrs. Michaelas, Greenwood and Scrivens will clarify the situation and report back to council.

Parking markings and signage in the Square are incorrect, MBC will be asked to rectify.

 

17/67    TO RECEIVE MINUTES OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES MEETINGS

Cllr. Culver proposed, Cllr. Walmsley seconded, and it was RESOLVED to employ Lanes Ltd. to clear the drains at the Maidstone Road car park.

The speed reduction project in the High Street is being discussed with KCC, a letter will be drafted by Cllr. Walmsley, outlining concerns about changes to the original plan and extra costs imposed by KCC for a traffic survey.

It was agreed unanimously to accept the recommendation to instruct the handyman to cut the south hedge at the cemetery alongside the A20.

Cllr. Walmsley proposed, Cllr. Huggens seconded and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meetings of the 16th August & 20th September 2017 be approved and adopted.

                                                                                       

17/68    TO RECEIVE THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING COMMITTEE MEETINGS

There were no questions raised from the applications decided on at the four meetings held during August, September and October as reported by Cllr. Osborne.

The car wash in Old Ashford Road must apply for retrospective planning permission.

The advertising boards for the car wash are blocking the sight lines to the A20, Cllr. Scrivens will report to KCC.

Cllrs. will meet with the land owners of the Glebe pond on the 18th October to discuss the improvement works to the site before transfer of the land to LPC ownership.

Cllr. Osborne proposed that LPC object to the application 17/504450/REM (already permitted) for development on the Jones Homes site north of Westwood Close, on the basis that the application does not comply to the emerging Lenham Neighbourhood Plan. There is no provision for a new junction onto the A20 to the west end of the site, this would require a break in the proposed buffer zone to allow the new access road onto the A20. The application has no provision to improve the junction of the A20 and Ham Lane to provide a traffic lane to assist vehicles turning left to Maidstone.  Cllrs. agreed to the proposal.

Cllrs. Osborne and Walmsley will join Cllrs. T & J Sams at a proposed site meeting to discuss the application submitted by the Bow Window, the application will be on the planning agenda for the meeting of the 18th October.

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Cockett seconded and it was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meetings on the 16th August 4th & 20th September and 2nd October 2017 be approved and adopted.

                                     

 

17/69    TO RECEIVE ORAL REPORTS FROM COUNCIL SPOKEPERSONS

Cllr. Greenwood will report back following further discussions with MBC concerning the WCs proposal. Cllr. Scrivens suggested a count of usage could be undertaken to determine how often the facilities are visited, and the annual running cost information discussed.

Cllr.Greenwood reported the cemetery improvements are progressing, the new shed sponsored by A W Court and the compost bins sponsored by Lenham Storage will be ordered.

Cllr. Culver reported dissatisfaction with police responses to CCTV evidence submitted following incidences of vandalism and anti-social behaviour. Cllr. Smith-Essex agreed that recent incidences in Lenham Heath also received poor police response.  LPC support C. Cllr. Prendergast who has written to the Crime Commissioner outlining the concerns of residents.

Cllr. Osborne reported some tree disease at the Cherry Downs picnic site, which will be monitored, he requested the contractors flail the grass area.

 

 

17/70     REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE MEETINGS

Cllr. Cockett reported on the Harrietsham Parish Council meeting he attended on Wednesday 27th September, he commented on the stream line format of the meeting.  Cllr. Smith-Essex suggested such changes could be made to the LPC meeting format

 

17/71    FINANCE

  1. a) To authorize payments (Details of payments to be tabled).     Cheque no:               Amount

 

Came & Company. Parish insurance 2017 -2018.                                 4784                       2420.93

Chris Hill Down to Earth.  Ground work/handyman duties.                  4785                       1046.00

Mr. L Kennedy. NHP walk display public consultation.                        4786                           57.60

PMC Planning. NHP consultancy fees for July & August.                    4787                       4800.00

PKF Littlejohn. External audit fee 2016 – 2017.                                   4788                         480.00

Wicksteed Leisure Ltd. Ham Lane play park repairs.                            4789                        454.80

OCS Group Ltd. Duty of care WCs.                                                      4790                           13.25

Amiga Fire & Security Ltd. CCTV repairs& maintenance.                    4791                         215.40

Made by Falcon. Web-site service August & Sept.                               4792                         100.00

Lotus Design Ltd. NHP consultation advertising materials.                   4793                         798.40

Jen Contractors. WCs cleaning, dog bins & litter. August & Sept.       4794                       1824.00

M McFarlane.  Petty cash payments August & Sept.                             4795                         337.23

Streetlights. Lamp repairs.                                                                      4796                         189.30

Mr. R Greenwood. Chairman expenses.                                                 4797                         275.00

TED Learning Ltd.  NHP banners.                                                         4798                         131.98

Amiga Fire & Security Ltd. Monthly maintenance.                               4798                           54.00

Business Stream. WCs waste water supply.                                           4799                         339.48

 

Salaries & expenses detailed as Appendix A and filed with a signed copy of these minutes.

 

To note receipt of income (Details of income to be tabled)

A.W. Court. Sponsorship of new shed for cemetery.                                                               750.00

A.W. Court. Cemetery fees. September.                                                                                   180.00

 

Cllr. Greenwood proposed, Cllr. Culver seconded, and it was RESOLVED to make the payments.

Cllrs. Scrivens and Osborne signed the cheques on behalf of LPC.

 

  1. b) HSBC mandate signatories.

Cllr. Ballard confirmed £500 compensation had been paid by HSBC and the accounts re-opened.

Once monies have been transferred, Cllr. Ballard recommends closure of the accounts.

Cllrs. thanked Cllr. Ballard for his persistence and hard work in resolving the banking issues.

 

  1. c) Certified Annual Audit Return.

The Clerk reported the satisfactory completion of the audit, with no issues raised.

 

17/72    CORRESPONDENCE RECEIVED (For information only)

No correspondence received.                                                              The meeting closed at 9.50pm

Lenham Parish Council Meeting 4th October 2017
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)