Lenham Parish Council Finance & General Purposes meeting 21st August 2019 LPC Announcements, LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

REPORT OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE MEETING HELD IN THE COMMUNITY CENTRE ON WEDNESDAY 21st AUGUST 2019 AT 7.30pm ——————————————————————————————————————————————-

Cllr. R Greenwood, Chairman presiding.
Cllrs. M Ballard and N Osborne.
Cllrs. J Britt & A Ratcliffe were also present. Mrs. M McFarlane. (Clerk & RFO)

page1image62815040

  1. TO ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
    Cllrs. M Cockett, C Huggens and A Walmsley.
  2. DISCLOSURES AND CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS ON THE AGENDA No disclosures or confidential items on the agenda.
  3. ENVIRONMENTAL – MAINTENANCE WORKS & PROJECT UPDATES
    Cllrs. R Greenwood and A Ratcliffe will meet on the 29th August with a representative from a company specialising in providing public toilet facilities, in order to investigate options available for upgrading the Maidstone Road WCs. A report will be presented to full council at the next meeting on October 2nd
    for further consideration. A meeting with MBC property office will also be organised to discuss the ownership of the WCs and future plans for the refurbishment of the building.

    Improvement work schedules for the Cross are being progressed and facilities for use on site are being organised. Cllr. J Britt will confirm the proposals for the project (which includes improvements to access to the small memorial garden area below the Cross) is agreeable with the landowners, who farm the surrounding area.

    Ongoing issues with parking problems in and around the village will be highlighted to MBC enforcement team and a meeting with the Parking Office organised to discuss increased enforcement visits to the Square and surrounding roads.

    Cllr. J Britt will draft a heads of terms agreement regarding the lease for the Lenham Nursery School proposed use of the Ham Lane allotment site to provide a new nursery school; the terms will be discussed with the nursery at a meeting, following agreement of terms at the next F & GP meeting on the 18th September, the final document will then be drawn up by a solicitor.

  4. ROAD NAMING PROCEDURE & POLICY
    The proposal is for an umbrella policy with a road naming strategy, which will consider linking the history of the village with new developments which are site specific. Other considerations will include the names of the fallen as recorded on the war memorial and notable past parishioners. Wildlife, woodlands and field names will also be included in the draft for discussion at the next planning meeting on the 18th September, for recommendation and adoption to full council on 2nd October.
  5. ACCOUNTS & REPORTS/REVIEW OF FINANCIAL REGULATIONS
    The template for the statement of internal control will be updated to comply with new legal obligations and presented to full council.

    Cllr. M Ballard will investigate an additional bank account so that S106 and CIL monies can be accounted for separately from the two established LPC NatWest current and business reserve accounts.

Payments for consideration:
Came and Company. Insurance policy for LPC 2019-2020 Made by Falcon. Website service August
Open Spaces Society. Annual membership
Down to Earth. August landscape works
Jen Contractors. August litter picking/dog bins

Cheque 5103 5105 5106 5107 5108

no:

Amount 2,079.24 60.00

45.00 320.00 756.00

Salaries and expenses are detailed as Appendix A and are filed with a

copy of these minutes.

Cllr. M Ballard proposed, Cllr. J Britt seconded and it was RESOLVED to make the payments. Cllrs. R Greenwood and N Osborne signed the cheques on behalf of Lenham Parish Council.

  1. GRANT APPLICATIONS
    Three applications have been received thus far:

    Cllr. R Greenwood proposed, Cllr. J Britt seconded and it was resolved to recommend an award of £300 to the Lenham Community Gym.

    Cllr. R Greenwood proposed, Cllr. M Ballard seconded and it was resolved to recommend an award of £250 for the defibrillator at the Community Centre.

    Cllr. R Greenwood proposed, Cllr. M Ballard seconded and it was resolved to recommend an award of £150 for Countryways Quilters & Stitchers Group.

    All recommendations will be presented to full council for ratification on 2nd October.

  2. CORRESPONDENCE
    Cllr. J Britt raised issues reported to him by parishioners concerning the length of time it takes to secure an appointment at the Len Valley Surgery. With the proposed increase in the population expected with the new developments, it is important to open a dialogue with the practice manager to discuss options available to ensure the services are able to cope with future requirements.

    The Clerk will write to the practice manager to ask for a meeting, Cllrs. J Britt, M Ballard and N Osborne will attend the proposed meeting and report back to the full council.

    The meeting closed at 8.50pm.

Lenham Parish Council Finance & General Purposes meeting 21st August 2019
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)