June 2014 Full Council Meeting Minutes LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE LENHAM PARISH COUNCIL

HELD ON THE 4TH JUNE 2014 IN THE COMMUNITY CENTRE AT 7.30pm

PRESENT              Cllr. C Gillett, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. A Barr, E Drylie, N Godfrey, R Greenwood,

J Osborn and N Willis. M McFarlane (Clerk)

PCSO D Rowley, Martin Sherwood Community Warden.

Borough Cllrs. E Powell and J Sams.

County Cllr. J Whittle.

4 Members of the public.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

Mr. L Porter gave a brief outline of his interests and his availability to undertake the role of Parish Councillor for Lenham North Ward.  He was invited to join the council by cooption at the next meeting 2nd July.  Cllr. Gillett thanked Mr. Porter for his interest.

PCSO reported on four crimes during May.  Mr. Sherwood highlighted concerns of late night telephone cold calling scams to residents in housing complexes.

Mr. Llong suggested the Neighbourhood Plan meeting on 26th July be well advertised and leaflets delivered to each household. A petition against the proposed increase in housing numbers is being organised by residents and Cllr. Sams.

REPORT FROM COUNTY CLLR. WHITTLE

Data from the recent A20 traffic survey will be available for discussion. A petition being organised by LPC will ask for a review of the speed limit and gateway signage. Cllr. Godfrey requested that 106 monies from future developments were used within the parish to ensure infrastructure improvements.  Cllr. Whittle will try to ensure any outstanding issues are updated before her maternity leave.

The Chairman opened the meeting at 7.55pm and thanked Cllr. Whittle on behalf of Lenham Parish Council for all her hard work on behalf of the parishioners.

14/16                     APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

The Council accepted the reason for apology for absence from:

Cllr. S Knowles (holiday) Cllr. M Jackson (family commitment)

Cllr. D Clifton representing Harrietsham Parish Council (holiday)

14/17     DISCLOSURES AND CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

No disclosures or confidential items on the agenda.

14/18     MINUTES

The minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on the 7th May 2014 were confirmed as a true record and it was RESOLVED that they be approved and adopted.

14/19     MATTERS ARISING

No matters arising.

14/20     REPORTS & COMMITTEES/SPOKESPERSONS

A             Finance & General Purposes.    Report by Cllr. Gillett

Cemetery fencing will remain as three bar cleft Chestnut, Clerk will inform neighbouring

property owner of decision.

A quote for the replacement tree at the cemetery driveway will be sought.

Landscape Services are working well throughout the parish.

Responses to the one-way system at Platts Heath were overwhelmingly against any changes to the present road lay-out.  An article in the July Focus will confirm no changes will be considered.  HGV traffic continues to be of concern in the countryside, with little or no enforcement available to deter overweight lorries using narrow roads.  Local businesses and farm vehicles cannot avoid using these roads.

1

Finances and General Purposes continued:

It was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meeting on the

21st May 2014 be approved and adopted.

B                             Planning & Neighbourhood Plan.  Report by Cllr. Godfrey

Cllr. Godfrey highlighted applications discussed at the two previous planning meetings.

Phase two of the Neighbourhood Plan will be discussed at the public exhibition on July 26th

Cllrs. are keen to encourage parishioners to help form the plan and join the process of completing the plan.

C                      Groom Way development  Report by Cllr. Osborn

Cllr. Barr proposed, Cllr. Godfrey seconded and it was RESOLVED to fund a MBC

planning officer attendance at a site meeting with LPC and Golding Homes, to progress the

application for three new local needs housing units.

It was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the reports of the meetings on

21st May & 2nd June 2014 be approved and adopted.

D             Highways & Transportation.   Report by Cllr. Jackson

Cllr. Gillett read out the report submitted by Cllr. Jackson.  Cllr. Jackson will be requested to research and specify cost details of a speeding identification device (SID).

E              Law & Order.                         Report by Cllr. Godfrey

The Police and Parishes forum was held in May at the Community Centre.

Inspector Jody Gagan-Cook replaced Inspector Jerry Prodger as police spokesperson on the forum.  Cllr. Greenwood highlighted concerns relating to a lack of prompt police response following an incident in the village.

F              Web-site Development          Report by Cllr. Drylie

The development is ongoing, more postings are required to keep the site up to date.

Cllrs. agreed that no business advertising would be posted but would support links for not for profit activities.  The 2007 Parish Plan will be uploaded onto the site.

G                             Environment                                                     Reports

The privet hedge at the cemetery will be cut back and a site meeting will be organised to update on works outstanding.  The ashes section needs weed spraying.  Harrietsham ferret rescue will be asked if they can help resolve the rabbit problem.

The church wall needs re-pointing, further discussions will take place.

14/21                     REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE MEETINGS

Cllr. Knowles submitted a report of the Harrietsham Parish Council meeting 28th May

Cllr. Barr reported the Orchards for everyone project has been launched with funding for four   years.  The Lenham Business Association continues to be active in the parish and the meetings well attended.

14/22                    KALC/RURAL KENT

Copies of the recently written response to the MBC Local Plan from G Brown have been circulated.

14/23     ACCOUNTS

Cheques for consideration and payment 4th June 2014

JVA Electrical Platts Heath street light repairs    4333                       1,105.13

M McFarlane Petty cash                                                                4334                            50.00

Mr. K Funnell internal audit fee                                                4335                          100.00

Salaries & expenses detailed as Appendix A and filed with a signed copy of these minutes.

2

Accounts continued:

DD Scottish Power WCS electricity                                                                               14.00

DD EDF Energy pop up power                                                                          10.00

DD EDF Energy Street lighting                                                                   122.69

DD MBC Cemetery rates                                                                                                    88.00

No monies received

Bank mandate

14/23 aTwo new bank signatories are required following the resignations of J Bone and C Huggens.

Cllr. N Willis offered to be a signatory and Cllr. E Drylie will confirm his agreement once he has clarified the situation in relation to his employment guidelines.

The Clerk reported the internal audit was satisfactory and the documentation was prepared in readiness for the external audit.  Cllr. Gillett signed the relevant paperwork to be submitted to Littlejohn Auditors.

14/23 bThe internal audit highlighted the need for sight of the Community Centre Insurance policy to ensure that adequate cover was in place.  Cllr. Drylie will work on an annual governance document for risk assessment purposes, which will require the Community Centre management to complete and copies be held on record for LPC.

14/24     CORRESPONDENCE

Cllr. Godfrey has been corresponding with MBC in relation to parking problems outside Homebake premises. MBC will investigate further.

The allotment land has been listed in the latest call for development land by MBC.

LPC will keep a watching brief on the situation.

A meeting to discuss the application at High Farm Lenham will be organised.

Cllr. Gillett gave an updated overview of the situation relating to the future viability of the Lenbus project following the damage caused by a lorry at the Marley site.

A letter outlining a possible breach of planning for the communication masts at Lenham Storage concluded by MBC as a closed investigation with no further action being taken.

Cllr. Janetta Sams gave a brief outline of her intentions to support the LPC in her role as Borough Cllr.

Cllr. Eddie Powell intended to work on the MBC Local Plan in relation to the proposal for increased development in the Harrietsham and Lenham parishes.

Cllr. Gillett congratulated both Cllrs. on their recent election and looked forward to working with both, on future projects in the spirit of cooperation and communication between LPC and MBC.

The meeting closed at 9.35pm

June 2014 Full Council Meeting Minutes
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)