Finance & General Purposes Meeting Report 18th January 2017 LPC General, LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

REPORT OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE MEETING HELD IN THE COMMUNITY CENTRE ON WEDNESDAY 18th JANUARY 2017 at 7.30pm

——————————————————————————————————————————————-

 

PRESENT

Cllr. R Greenwood, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Cockett, J Nye, N Osborne, P Scrivens & A Walmsley.

Mrs. M McFarlane. (Clerk) Cllr. M Ballard was also present.

 

  1. TO ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

No apologies received

 

2  DISCLOSURES AND CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS ON THE AGENDA 

No disclosures or confidential items on the agenda.

 

  1. ENVIRONMENT WORKS & PROJECT UPDATES

Cllr. Scrivens reported on the making safe and scheduled removal of the fallen tree branch at the Maidstone Road footpath which was carried out by the handyman under health and safety instructions.

Cllr. Greenwood confirmed he and the Clerk will attend a meeting on Friday 20th January to carry out site visits inspecting trees which are the responsibility of the LPC, to obtain a quote for a full tree audit.

Cllr. Osborne confirmed a close board fence would be erected by the URC developers on the east boundary of the Maidstone Road footpath.  He also raised concerns that in the future if the Parapet field is developed to the west side of the path, it should not have a close board fence, and suggested open post and rail fencing would be a preferred option.

Cllr. Scrivens reported the new finger posts will be erected on the 19th January in the Square. He will prepare the site and cone off the area in readiness and liaise with the installation team.  The Clerk will organise media coverage.

Cllr. Nye working with Cllr. Smith-Essex, confirmed progress with the Lenham Tourism web-site, having now collated most of the data from local businesses and attractions.

Standard forms have been produced for those wishing to be included on the site.

A template will be designed for the site by Cllr. Smith-Essex.

Cllr. J Whittle will report back to LPC following a site meeting attended by the Clerk and Cllrs. Scrivens, Walmsley & Greenwood, with a resident to discuss concerns relating to general maintenance of street furniture and the guidelines concerning A boards in the Square.

Cllr. Walmsley recommended the installation of No Dogs signs at William Pitt Field and the play parks. He will speak with Cllr. Culver who has made some suggestions, car parking signs with the new Logo will also be included.

Cllr. Nye reported on street light repairs needed at Platts Heath.  Cllr. Osborne & Scrivens will meet with a contractor to organise a quote for repairs/replacement.

Faversham Road junction upgrade should be undertaken in early March, LPC to ensure the restrictive HGV sign is included in the project.

 

 

  1.                ACCOUNTS

Precept amount requirements.

Band d in 2016 – 2017 was set at £40.89, with a tax base of 1399.7 the parish council did not increase the precept.

The tax base for the parish 2017- 2018 is 1402.8.

The financial year 2017 -2018 will see substantial decreases in funding commitment from Maidstone Borough Council, therefore the recommendation to full parish council will be band d set at £60.00.  This would raise a precept of £84,168.00.

The capital projects recommended to council will include CCTV upgrade at £13,000.

Footpath refurbishment £10,000.  Traffic calming works £10,000.  There will also be £21,000 committed to the Neighbourhood Plan, funding will be sought from outside sources towards the cost of the plan.

The VAT refund monies will be put into reserves.

Cllr. Ballard recommended VAT refunds are applied for quarterly as of April 2017.

 

The recommendation will be to hold in reserves the sum of one and a half to a maximum

of twice the annual precept.  This is to cover the costs of ongoing projects and improvements to the parish.  Consideration is also given to the expansion of the village in line with the Maidstone Borough Local Plan.

 

Full council on 1st February will discuss in detail the above recommendations and resolve to set the precept requirement.

 

  1.                   CORRESPONDENCE

No correspondence received.

 

 

The meeting closed at 8.55pm

Finance & General Purposes Meeting Report 18th January 2017
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)