Finance & General Purposes Meeting 17th October 2018 LPC General, LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

REPORT OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE MEETING HELD IN THE COMMUNITY CENTRE

ON WEDNESDAY 17th OCTOBER 2018 AT 7.30pm

——————————————————————————————————————————————-

PRESENT            Cllr. A Walmsley, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. M Ballard, M Cockett, C Huggens, N Osborne.

Cllr. A Ratcliffe, NHP Consultant P McCreery & NHP Chairman S MacKenzie were also present.

Mrs. M McFarlane. (Clerk & RFO)

 

  1. TO ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE  Cllr. R Greenwood.

 

  1. DISCLOSURES AND CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS ON THE AGENDANo disclosures or confidential items on the agenda.

 

  1. ENVIRONMENT WORKS & PROJECT UPDATES

To determine the options for the removal of the debris in the car park at the allotment site the Ham Lane Allotment Association have offered to cut the brambles back. Cllrs. agreed the action.

Quotes will be sought for identification of material and removal of debris.

It was agreed the Ham Lane play area refurbishment works be undertaken. Cllr. Knowles will progress the project as per the agreed quote. Monies from S106 Tolhurst Way will be requested from MBC.

A meeting will be organised with the developers at Grove Paddocks to discuss the TRO for the A20 speed reduction from 60mph to 50mph, Cllr. Ballard is monitoring the situation and has communicated with MBC & KCC Highways on behalf of LPC.

 

  1. ACCOUNTS & FINANCIAL REPORTS/REVIEWS

P McCreery submitted an NHP update. Recommendations from the document were discussed and it was agreed that following a submission of land to the east of the village, the council should commission a landscape/sustainability report, to review alternative site options to form part of the evidence base to underpin the Lenham NHP Regulation 16 Submission Draft.

Cllr. Cockett will investigate costings and P McCreery will approach MBC to ask about possible funding. The late availability of land may present traffic issues which will need further exploration.

A report to full council outlining the next steps for the NHP will be produced.

In order to progress the NHP, funding for the Viability Assessment, Health Check  and Examination of the Lenham NHP Regulation 16 Draft, will be costed and recommended to full council for consideration.

 

  1. APPOINTMENT OF ADVISOR

The Clerk confirmed that Sibley Pares Chartered Surveyors and Estate Agents have been engaged by the council to advice on the future proposals for William Pitt Field in relation to the NHP recommendations.

 

  1. 6. CORRESPONDENCE

Following an approach to Cllr. Greenwood in relation to access from land north of Tanyard Farm onto Groom Way, a meeting to discuss several issues will be organised with the developers.

 

Cllr. Osborne reported on the possibility of extra land being available to extend the width of the access road to the allotment site, further investigations will be undertaken.

 

The meeting closed at 9.20pm

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Finance & General Purposes Meeting 17th October 2018
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)