Finance & General Purposes Meeting 15th May 2019 LPC General, LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

REPORT OF THE FINANCE & GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE MEETING HELD IN THE COMMUNITY CENTRE ON WEDNESDAY 15th MAY 2019 AT 9.45pm ——————————————————————————————————————————————-

Cllr. R Greenwood, Chairman presiding.
Cllrs. M Ballard, C Huggens, N Osborne & A Walmsley. Mrs. M McFarlane. (Clerk) Cllr. J Britt was also present.

  1. TO ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCECllr. M Cockett.
  2. DISCLOSURES AND CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS ON THE AGENDANo disclosures or confidential items on the agenda.
  3. ENVIRONMENT WORKS & PROJECT UPDATES
    Cllrs. R Greenwood and J Britt carried out a risk assessment of the fire damaged skateboard equipment at William Pitt field. It was decided to remove the damaged side section and make good immediately. Cllr. J Britt will speak with the youth hub workers to produce a questionnaire asking for suggestions for upgrading the skate park.Landscape Services will continue to maintain open spaces throughout the parish, specifically the areas for community use.Despite there being ample bin provision provided by the Parish Council throughout the church grounds, dog fouling remains an issue. Cllr. R Greenwood will discuss with the church warden the possibility of notices being placed to the west of the porch.Cllr. N Osborne organised a quote of £190 for repairs to the roof of the bus shelter in the Square, the work will be recommended to full council.A recommendation for the installation of a litter bin in Faversham Road and an extra dog bin at Lenham Heath near the solar park, will be an agenda item for consideration at the June meeting.A request for the overgrown trees to be cut back along the Grovelands boundary will be sent. Down to Earth Landscapes will be requested to cut back the hedge at Ham Lane play park.The zip wire at the Ham Lane play park requires a new noise reducing rubber part.
    A council spokesperson is required to take responsibility for play equipment maintenance.
  4. ACCOUNTS
    The annual audit figures will be presented to council members for approval at the June meeting.
  5. CORRESPONDENCE
    Cllr. C Huggens reported being unable to open windows documents on his laptop sent by email, further investigation will take place to identify the problem.The meeting closed at 10.15pm
Finance & General Purposes Meeting 15th May 2019
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)