February 2014 Full Council Meeting Minutes LPC Meeting Minutes & Reports

 

Held in the community centre on 5th February 2014 at 7:30pm

PRESENT Cllr. N Godfrey, Chairman presiding.

Cllrs. C Gillett, R Greenwood, C Huggens, M Jackson, S Knowles, J Osborn.

Cllr. T Taylor representing Harrietsham Parish Council.

Clerk. Mrs. M McFarlane.

PCSO D Rowley, Martin Sherwood Community Warden.

7 Members of the public

The Chairman welcomed Cllr. T Taylor representing Harrietsham Parish Council to the meeting.

PUBLIC PARTICIPATION

Mr. George reported the lights on the footpath to the Community Centre are still not working, despite being previously reported to KHs. He also highlighted graffiti in the WCs.  This will be dealt with during the planned refurbishment works.

Mr. Llong requested the fence between Robins Close and the High Street be reinstated for safety reasons.

Mr. Osborne & Mr. Crutcher reported on the recent damage to the Len-bus. A report to the LPC will be made, once a decision concerning the viability of continuing with the service, due to financial constraints from the pending insurance claim has been clarified.

PCSO Rowley provided the crime figures, six incidents for the previous month.

Community Warden M Sherwood reported on future activities programmed for the Age UK Hub held on the first Thursday of the month at Lenham Social Club 2pm to 4pm.

REPORT FROM COUNTY CLLR. WHITTLE

Cllr. Godfrey read out the written report from Cllr. Whittle, which confirmed a traffic speed survey will be undertaken on the A20 at the Faversham Road junction, as discussed at the site meeting on January 10th.

Before opening the meeting Cllr. Godfrey read out the procedures for obtaining quotes on behalf of the LPC.  Job specifications and written quotes (no verbal quotes will be accepted) will be discussed at full council and payment for works will be made following satisfactory inspection of completed tasks, no extra works to the original quote will be permitted.  All queries to be referred to the Clerk.

The Chairman opened the meeting at 8.00pm.

13/84         APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

The Council accepted the reason for apology for absence from

Cllrs. A Barr (holiday) E Drylie, I Younger (unwell) F Bradshaw, N Willis,

C.Cllr. J Whittle (family commitment)

B.Cllrs. J Barned (unwell) T Sams (family commitment)

 

13/85 DISCLOSURES AND CONFIDENTIAL ITEMS ON THE AGENDA

No disclosures or confidential items on the agenda.

13/86 MINUTES

The minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on the 8th January 2014 were confirmed as a true record and it was RESOLVED that they be approved and adopted.

13/87 MATTERS ARISING

The fencing in the churchyard for the sheep has been completed by Mr. J Boyd.

Groom Way land transfer awaiting land registry completion.

The Emergency plan will be reviewed and contact details updated.

LPC are meeting with the Allotment members concerning the possible land sale.

Lenham Storage have adequate provision of defibrillators.

1

13/88 REPORTS & COMMITTEES/SPOKESPERSONS

A Finance & General Purposes.    Report by Cllr. Godfrey

Dealt with under matters arising.

It was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the report of the meeting on the 15th January 2014 be approved and adopted.

 

B Planning & Neighbourhood Plan.  Report by Cllr. Huggens

Planning Committee members met with R Jarman and M Murphy from MBC on the 4th February to discuss the SHLAA map and progress of the Local Plan.

Representatives from Golding Homes attended the planning meeting on 3rd February to discuss the provision of local needs housing.

 

C                     Groom Way development Report by Cllr. Osborn

The proposals for Groom Way local needs development were discussed pre-application.

Continued dialogue with MBC will clarify the best options.  Public consultation will be

undertaken by Golding Homes in conjunction with LPC.

It was RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in the reports of the meetings on 15th January & 3rd February 2014 be approved and adopted.

 

D Highways & Transportation.   Report by Cllr. Jackson

Cllr. Jackson presented the petition for improvements to the Faversham Road/A20 junction for approval.  Cllrs. recommended the petition be undertaken.

Flooding at Old Ham Lane is being investigated.  A request for the replacement of the missing priority sign in Maidstone Road has been submitted.

 

E Law & Order.                         Report by Cllr. Godfrey

Cllr. Godfrey will attend the Police Commissioner’s meeting on 26th February.

LPC will host the Parish and Police Forum Meeting on 20th February.

 

F Web-site Development          Report by Cllr. Osborn

Photographs of the parish are required for the site.  A link on the present site accesses a proposed page of the new site.

 

G Environment      Reports

Provision of funding from Lottery Heritage will be used to improve the picnic site over a four year period.  Pippa Palmer will present the plan of works to the LPC.

 

Cllr. Godfrey proposed, Cllr. Gillett seconded and it was RESOLVED to accept the quote for £190 to remove the stump from the recently fallen tree in the churchyard.

Cllr. Gillett proposed, Cllr. Osborn seconded and it was RESOLVED to accept the quote for £550 to repair the tarmac on the path damaged by the fallen tree.

 

Cllr. Godfrey proposed, Cllr. Jackson seconded and it was RESOLVED to accept the quote for works to make safe a Beech tree in the cemetery for £820.

 

A second quote for a sweep through of the Twittens footpath will be sought.

A tree audit will be undertaken in the spring once the weather improves.

Cllr. Greenwood will speak with D Mathews to discuss the memorial plaques in the churchyard.

 

13/89      REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE MEETINGS

Cllr. Greenwood reported on the Harrietsham PC meeting 29th January.

Cllrs. Gillett, reported on the Allotment Association meeting 27th January.

The report of the budget meeting 18th January has been circulated.

2

13/90 KALC/RURAL KENT

No reports.

13/91 ACCOUNTS

Copies of the report of the meeting to prepare the budget (18th January) have been circulated and the recommendations contained within the report discussed.

Cllr. Huggens proposed, Cllr. Osborn seconded and it was RESOLVED to apply for a precept of £54,768 (maintaining current band D charge)

Government support £5,148

Parish Service Scheme payment of £5,678.

Cllrs. expressed a vote of thanks to Cllr. Drylie for his excellent budget preparation proposal.

Cheques for consideration and payment 5th February 2014

OCS Group WCs duty of care sanitary disposal 4290           29.95

S Burchett January grounds work/repairs 4291     1,335.00

McVeigh Parker & Co fence for cemetery 4292         849.20

J Ault tree works churchyard 4293            420.00

 

Salaries & expenses detailed as Appendix A and filed with a signed copy of these minutes.

DD Scottish Power WCS electricity 14.00

DD EDF Energy pop up power 10.00

DD EDF Energy Street lighting           122.69

Money received:  Cemetery fees         1,200.00

The cheques were agreed and duly signed.

Cllr. Greenwood highlighted the expenditure on playground facilities being proposed by MBC.

The expenditure did not include the parishes.

13/92 CORRESPONDENCE

KCC waste and minerals web-site consultation details have been circulated.

Cllr. Drylie and Osborn have responded to questions raised by a parishioner concerning the

proposed new LPC web-site.

 

A meeting at the Glebe pond on Thursday 13th February to discuss improvements works will take place.

The meeting closed 9.25pm

 

February 2014 Full Council Meeting Minutes
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)